GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a short update, for those unable to attend (full results tommorrow).

25 cars ran in total
Great day had by all as always
Sterling performance by the chaps from Tuning Japanese (as always)

Top Three BHP on the Day:

Gary 714bhp (new record)
Guy 655bhp
Henry 610bhp

The boundaries of performance were yet again pushed up the power curve, with 3 cars at 600+ and a new category created of 700+

I can only say a genuine ' Well done Gary'.

Guy

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Skyline King

Well, today was an adventure, my R33 'blew up' n some shape or form on the way to TJ, so a little dissapointed that I couldnt run it on the Dyno, still, shite happens, find out tomm whats wrong with it.

714 BHP, WOW. Regardless of which garage or person or car you support or shout for if any, you just have to admire Gary's dedication and skill to once again batter the boundrys of what has been acheived over here. The man's a ficking hero and a ficking clever one at that. If you bump into him, shake the mans hand as he deserves it, dont care who you are as it really shouldnt matter.

Well done to all including the less powerful of the three heavyweight cars,keep tryin boys, its what its all about.

Also, if you havent already noticed, have a look at the size of Henrys hands, they are abnormal, you freak you....

Good to see you all again, see a few more of you tomorrow at the seaside meet although I shall be Skylineless for 3 days until I fix my R33 or get my other R33 on the road.

:) :) :smokin:

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
An awesome day, thanks to Guy for arranging it and all the guys at TJ, superb action.

It was worth the admission just to watch Gary's run with the 3 'heavies' in the back seat, the look on his face and the applause when that magic 714 bhp popped up on the monitor, yet another milestone goes to Gary, bloody well done!

Pleased with my own result 462/355 considering she hasn't been properly mapped since the latest set of mods nor has the cam timing been sorted yet.

Roll on dyno day 4....

Peter.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well spotted Dirk boy biggest bhp on the day had to be Henry's

bhp=big hairy paws

Well done one and all.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice one Gary, shame I wasn't there this time to see the flames but a most excellent effort.

Nice one too for you Dave. More than expected I think? Makes yup for last sarcy comment in the magazine!! Good one!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Garys Run

For those who weren't there the best picture of the day would be of Gary's run, where myself, Mark from Abbey and Henry all squeezed into the back of Garys car to help it stay on the rollers.

Over 50 stone of fat blokes in the back ensured traction........!

A very amusing team effort, that showed that all of us, from every garage wanted to help push the power boundaries forward, irrespective of whose car/tuner does it. I though it really showed the good spirit on the day.

Guy

·
Registered
997 Posts
Big Hands

And Big Feet Too!!!!!

BHP (big hairy paws):D

:D Henry :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Congratulations

To all! Especially those who broke the 600 mark. Can't belive I missed it.

Big thumbs up to Gary...714 bhp!!!!!!!!!!! BL**dy H3ll!!!

Nice day had by all it would seem...well apart from Dirk:(

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The full results

Sorry - been busy.

Here are the full results from yesterday.

Gary 714 bhp 478 lb ft
Guy 655 bhp 452 lb ft
Henry 610 bhp 458 lb ft
Vincent 523 bhp 374 lb ft
Paul D 498.5 bhp 343 lb ft
John Lowe 484 bhp 373 lb ft
Mike S 474 bhp 332 lb ft
Peter E 462 bhp 355 lb ft
Talat 436 bhp 354 lb ft
Dave W 422 bhp 331 lb ft
Steve C 415 bhp 307 lb ft
Joss 415 bhp 292 lb ft
Alan 411 bhp 290 lb ft
Jez 407 bhp 306 lb ft
PMJ 406 bhp 321 lb ft
Alex D 402 bhp 309 lb ft
Ross 395 bhp 279 lb ft
Dave S 373 bhp 297 lb ft
Ritesh 372 bhp 294 lb ft
Fuggles 367 bhp 267 lb ft
Mick W 358 bhp 286 lb ft
Guy J. 350 bhp 274 lb ft
Steve R (GTS) 274 bhp 301 lb ft
Andrew H (GTS) 210 bhp 200 lb ft

Well done to everyone who attended.

Guy

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
stu

Well done to all. The 500 still illudes the Midget, oh well, never mind:D

Have now had a chance to pull my car apart this morning before the seaside run, we thinks big end or nasty little end but defo on number 2 cylinder, so thats good news:mad: as I it could have been something bad

Just gutted I couldnt get the beast on the rollers, still - tomorrows another day, it will return, oh yes, it will return.....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Paul, if I'd known you were going to be THAT close to 500 I would have given you my can of Whuup Ass!

Or maybe a push.

:D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Cool !!

I was a definite maybe the night before, but very pleased to have made it, tagged along with the Sussex gang, an excellent day... suckered by Alan and abused by PaulD, what more could a man want eh !!

A smooth military operation lead by Guy plus Tonka and his troops, well done all... I was gob smacked by Guy's car, as I just had no idea what TJ's had been doing to it recently, awesome..

Henry, you just can't seem to shake the dyno day 'curse'... you luck will turn, soon I hope, but hey ! 610 is cool !...

PaulD, 1.5bhp needed again for the 500+ club, it would only need a part bottle of octane booster, I'll buy if you want..

Well Gary... what's it going to do if you wind up the boost over 1.5bar and put in some 'proper' petrol eh ?? :), superb work yet again well done mate...

I was wondering Gary, as your going to be very lonely (for a while at least :) in the 700+ club, would you consider if PeterE and me stuck our cars together we could muster 716bhp/581lb.ft, think ! it would boost club membership 200% :)

I know I'm going on about the 'big' boys, I'm sure many others are pleased with their own 'level' of results, although I know few had disappointments as well :-(

Tim, no stickers in my envelope, just a bill :-(

Good also to see and chat to Joss, Weston, SteveR, Rob and others again and to meet, for the first time, Talat, Fuggles, them from up't'North, the Cornish posse so many more (sorry c*ap with names)...

Although I had not intended to do any pics, I could not resist a few... Click here

RonS

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
what a day

Hi All,
thanks for all the good words and support for 714 got to admit I am cuffed to monkeys, special thanks to the three ballast boys,Mark,Henry and Guy who crammed in the back of the car so as the result could be obtained also thanks to tuning japanese for running yet another very proffesional day, and well done to all that took part and turned up as it seemed everybody thourghly enjoyed the day there was a fantastic buzz of excitement in the air all day long, the grubb was good too
Gary
GT-714:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
DAY DIARY

Ron,
SUPERB overveiw of the day with your pictures,
thanks
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Dirk, why didnt you run the 34? What sort of power were you expecting from the 33? Bad luck on it blowing up! Otherwise, great results to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

1 - 20 of 51 Posts