GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My first skyline rolling road day, and hopefully not my last !! I'll certainly try and get to some future days :)

My day started off about as shite as it possibly could - the backgarden to our house was broken into last night, and they were snooping round my motor with a torch, checking things out. I've got the whole thing on CCTV - just waiting for the police to turn up. This lot better not turn up again.......

Anyway, met up with Malc, RonS, SteveC, Peter E and Ged early morning and took a gentle drive to Tuning Japanese.

Pretty good weather, stunning motors and a rolling road...what more could you want :D

I won't steal anyones thunder by posting any results, but i'd like to say that i thought all of the results were impressive, there were some very, very happy people buzzing around by the time i decided to leave (with a copy of Jap Performance mag that i'd purchased - only to realise i'd picked up last months instead of this months ! Arse. Back to the newsagents !).

Had a slightly more spirited journey home through country lanes - following Malc's R32 all the way. Great fun, although i have to say that most of my jouneys are normally somewhat more sedate !!!

Anyway, thanks all, i enjoyed the day immensley (and it took my mind off of events the night before).

See you all soon,
Daz

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Daz!

I wish I'd seen you. I got to the Dyno Day and thought "I don't know what anyone looks like except for Guy" :(

Ah well.. til next Grasshopper eh? :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks to Guy for organising another good day at Tuning Japanese.

Some very impressive cars running today.

I wasn't too impressed with my own run at only 474bhp :(

Just goes to show how easily rolling road results can change from day to day with only minor differences in the car. The only change between today and when Mark set the car up initially was a different set of wheels, result - 40bhp down on previous test.

I've put the vid clip and dyno sheet up on my website :
www.turbocharged.demon.co.uk

Good to get together with everyone again, see you at the next one (with 17" wheels back on for the day ;) )

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Mike - 474 bhp is still pretty impressive, haven't you got quite a bit more boost to come when you do the head gaskett etc?

Durzel - Did you run? If so what power did you get?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Wheels

If those other wheels have 40 BHP in them can I have them :p

Im sure people would laugh though if you told them your new wheels gave you 40BHP!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was reasonably pleased with my 484, but it seems the car is capable of producing more...I'm just suffering from premature evacuation ( actuator springs have gone sloppy ) Still, I'm looking forward to the next one when I hope to crack the 500.

Good to meet some new faces, and see some old ones as well..

:p

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'm still grinning now !!

415 BHP with just stage 1 (abbey chip) an induction kit, and complete exhaust... std boost controller.

now I need to buy cams, intercooler and boost controller for starters !!

excellent day, thanks again Guy.

Cheers

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Well done Steve. Did not realise that you did not have big intercooler or a boost controller. I have HKS fast road I/C and EVC 4 controller and only beat you by 7 bhp. Engine must be running sweet:)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
cheers Dave Mate,

I was totally stunned I was thinking perhaps 380 if she is running well...

hence the grin !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts