Bring on the cams! (Next year.)

Everything is substantially smoother, and somewhat quicker. :D

Very nice - what you had done?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This visit was...

New N1 engine with denso iridium plugs, tomei sump baffle kit, 1.0mm metal head gasket.
HKS GD Max clutch
A'PEXi GT intercooler & hard pipe kit
HKS F-Con S
Abbey/Nissan R33 gearbox upgrade
HKS Circle earth kit
Nismo braided brake hoses
HKS turbo actuators
Tomei turbo elbows

And new pipes, wets, sundries etc.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part 2

Cusco master cylinder brace
Tomei fuel pump, regulator & 600cc injectors
HKS Silent Hi-power exhaust

The above bits are beautifully bolted on to:

Mine's VX-ROM ECU, HKS EVC IV, stock turbos with steel internals & 360 degree thrust bearings, HKS downpipes, nismo solid shift, tomei metal inlet & turbo gaskets.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Answers

Peter; The Mine's VX-ROM is a retail 'stage one' which was fine up to 1.2 bar with a single 'hard' fuelling tweak. However, for this batch of works, an HKS F-Con S has been piggybacked on the VX-ROM. Which gives me a combination I am supremely happy with - VX-ROM base with HKS F-Con S & EVC IV. The power is so smooth it's ridiculous. And the torque delivery graph is nearly a straight line.

Zhugrok; stock turbos with steel internals. Power is At The Hubs, as per Abbey Motorsports dynapack.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Doesn't seem excessive - pardon my ignorance but would that leave you with a 'push forward pull back' gearchange, bit like the tiptronic type?
Presumably the clutch works in the same way, also is the gearbox a tougher unit and how does the syncromesh work?
Sorry about all the questions but once again the more I think about it the less I find I know. :confused:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Transmission

Liquid... As far as my limited mechanical aptitude goes, the Giken box upgrade leaves everything unchanged. Straight manual box.

Synchromesh does what synchromesh usually does. A google search will give you more info than I can think of regarding this innovative anti cog-crunching technique. :D

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
That is a good torque spread, cant quite see but is it tailing off just below 7000rpm? very nice.
Out of interest now I'm clear about your close ratio gearbox, having got all excited thinking you were having a sequential, has anyone ever fitted one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts