GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

I finally got my R34 GT-R dynoed after a healthy round of mods. Here are the corrected results at the wheels:

At 0.9 kg/cm2 - 407.7ps / 43.6kgm (454.8 at engine)
At 1.0 kg/cm2 - 417.5ps / 46.0kgm (471.0 at engine)
At 1.2 kg/cm2 - 451.4ps / 49.5kgm (503.3 at engine)

The at engine numbers are rwps adjusted for measured loss and were calculated automatically by the Dyno (ie. I didn't apply any rule of thumb %age). Outside temperatures were 16 degrees C, Air Fuel Ratio was a fat 10.5:1 at the top of highest power run, and all runs were made on premium pump gas.

Relevant Mods:

Blitz SUS Power Air Filter
Trust Downpipe
HKS Sport Catalyzer
Trust Exhaust
HKS F-Con V Pro ECU
Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller
Trust FMIC
HKS Hard Pipe Kit
Blitz #8 Racing Plugs

For an otherwise stock setup, kudos to Nagata-san and the boys at Top Secret for the tuning. The power is almost linear all the way to 7,500rpm and torque looks nice and flat at the top. Third gear is a screamer! Suffice it to say, I'm a happy chap!

Cya O!

[Edited for boost conversion correction]

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments.

Yep, Ian, I'm in Japan. Not a bad country to be in when tuning GT-Rs! ;)

Dino, Top Secret has a 4WD dyno. However, I'm not sure what their rate for a power run is. I got my runs done as part of the mods. Next time I'm there I can look into it.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Good results

Did I read your post correctly in that you still have standard turbos,gasket,fuel pump ,cams and injectors and got that excellent result ?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Paul

Yes, that's right, Paul.GTR34. All those items are still factory as far as I know. I say that because I bought the car used with some light bolt-on mods. I obviously don't want to mislead anybody and I don't plan to pull the car apart to check everything either.

To be honest, I initially thought that 503ps was a stretch without cams but talking to the the guys at Top Secret they indicated that the F-Con V Pro ECU (no afms) is the real power maker. Who am I to argue with the experts? I also have the dyno sheets that support the number so I feel happy either way.

Cya O!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Damn those Pesky Top Secret Kids I'd have got away with it if it weren't for them.

Nice figures Hipo, Somberg fuel plays a part, but forget not its hotter and more humid in Japan and in let temps higher which tips those scales back;)

Banzai

SJD

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Scott....it might be really hot and humid in Japan in the summer but now its very dry and reasonalbly mild. You'll find the UK is much more damp/humid than Japan in the winter.....and as we all know turbo cars love dry cold air;)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Gio,

Excellent news - you must be made up :D

I see you managed to get a cat too ;)
Does this mean you'll be back at Nismo, or are you a devoted Top Secret customer now ?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback, David. As you guessed I've got this grin on my face that I can't shake off at the moment.

Actually, I decided to go with a cat just to have something to say in case I run into the local "keisatsu". As for Nismo..., well, I'm sure I'll be in and out of their shops looking at stuff but I'm thinking Top Secret will be the ones working on my car from this point onwards. Sticking to one tuning house seems to be a safe bet and those guys bend the rules as needed. ;)

Cya O!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Gio,

Yeah - it'll be a long time before that grin fades I think.

I'll be listening for that excellent rumbling exhaust :cool:

I hope you are still up for the 26th at Tsukuba ?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Pesky Kids

Hi Scott

Damn those Pesky Top Secret Kids I'd have got away with it if it weren't for them

What do you mean by that Scott??

glen

·
Registered
248 Posts
Glenn

Clearly mt attempt at Scooby Doo humor was wasted on you ;)

SJD

Scoob owner, get it ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Scott J Davies said:
Glenn

Clearly mt attempt at Scooby Doo humor was wasted on you ;)

SJD

Scoob owner, get it ;)
I saw at first and didn't bother noticing your car, ha, good one, too bad that some people missed the adventures of scooby doo and those wonderful cartoons

Hipo, where in Japan are you, and where in Japan is Top Secret?
And great numbers!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanx, MeanRex7. I'm actually in Tokyo. Top Secret are in Chiba-ken. Takes about 45 mintes to drive to their location from Tokyo.

Cya O!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hipo 45 mins !!

In your car you could probable arrive before you have left! ;)

SJD

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard of Chiba before :D Thats where RE Amemiya is located.
And of course heard of Tokyo
Are you a native of Japan?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts