GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holy moly!

I went back to Surrey Rolling Road recently to get some figures on my custom WG3 tune done by Thistle and Ben at GTC.

It measured a very respectable 566.6hp (flywheel) on a very conservative Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
This is up from 547hp using the original Cobb Stage 1 as shipped with the AccessPort.

I then had the full titanium Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system fitted, replacing the Milltek Y-pipe and stock cat-back system.
With no further remapping, on the same dyno and in similar conditions it just registered at 590.8hp!

I am completely blown away, I never thought an exhaust could make such an increase!
Suffice it to say, I am a very happy chappy!

(Although it does mean I am going to be loathe to give it back to Performance Parts after my review loan period, which I guess,%2

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Good exhaustsystems make power,others make just noise:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
excellent, thank you for reporting back your findings, what db's does this system put out? might just have to wait for the GTC offering that will have noise control via a remote switch

·
Registered
211 Posts
wow, one of our cars here goes to Dyno next week, setup is WG3 mapping and GTC exhaust. rest stock, so will see

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Very impressive :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1: Almost makes it worth the money :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Send a log to Ben of a red line pull when you can to make sure it isn't lean and knock is OK. Injectors could be on the edge.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Send a log to Ben of a red line pull when you can to make sure it isn't lean and knock is OK. Injectors could be on the edge.
Hi Thistle, I've been doing some live monitoring of knock and it seems pretty good. Very occasional spike to -7xx, but normally more like -3xx.

I will do some datalogging when I can get some traction. This beast breaks loose in all gears in this weather!

Would changing injectors add more power?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Won't really add power, just safety if you are already maxxed out. Check the injector pulse width at 6000 isn't much more than 20ms and at 7000 isn't much more than 17ms, and also that the AFR in the logs doesn't show much leaner (higher) than 12.2.

But we'd prefer to see a log for ourselves when things melt.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about the fan noise.

Chuck, no downpipes, just Cobb, K&N drop-in filters and the Akrapovic system.

·
Registered
866 Posts
So if we know a y-pipe is good for circa 15bhp then this adds another 24bhp, a total of 39bhp over stock.

Seems a lot of an exhaust.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Or was it freezing cold in there?

Great result anyway. Waiting desperately for next March bonus round. :squintdan

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if we know a y-pipe is good for circa 15bhp then this adds another 24bhp, a total of 39bhp over stock.

Seems a lot of an exhaust.
I doubt a Y-pipe adds 15hp without remapping.

When we originally went to SRR, we had a completely stock car and mine with the Milltek Y-pipe and there was only a 6hp difference with my car being on 3000 miles v Rich's car which was only on 1500 miles.

There was no mileage difference between my two most recent runs.
Temps were 10c for the 567hp Milltek Y-pipe run and 4c today, so yes a bit colder but that is all "compensated" for somehow. Supposedly.

·
Registered
866 Posts
So do you think this excellent result is due to the exhuast brand or the fact you have changed the whole system, would GTC give the same result?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have no idea, although I'd guess the 90mm GTC Race system should be pretty good. The Akrapovic is only 86mm.

·
Registered
486 Posts
blimey david, your car must absolutely fly now.

My standard car (with y pipe) feels monumentally quick. How much difference can you feel with and extra 100 hp?

BTW, how was charlie? whats he driving now?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts