GTR Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
It was great to catch up with the crowd today at the dyno, despite the poor weather. As requested, attached is the dyno sheet from the dynapack run (numbers at all 4 hubs). For comparison is a dyno sheet from a bosch 4WD dyno with the same setup (numbers at all 4 wheels).

If anybody wants to know about the strange input parameters on the dynapack graph, I've got no idea. I came away with the feeling that the dynapack operators skipped their training and weren't clued up on the equipment. If others that were there felt the same, I'm sure they will chime in here. Anyway, if anybody with dynapack experience can help interpret the effect of the input variables on the numbers, we would appreciate your thoughts. :)

Pertinent facts: 25 psi, pump gas, catalyzer, 1400kg weight (yeh, right), 28 degrees C, 100% humidity (damn rain), 5th gear run, and pig rich 24/7 tuning (LOL, wiping the black crap off my face!). :smokin:

Cya O!

3,663 Posts
Gio,

to busy to answer at the fully at the mo.

Will sort a detailed reply early next week.

Mark

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
will work on the video and get it posted up ASAP.
Want to make a decent product, so may take a
day or 2.

To bad my GTR DNF :(
But they said it made 304 @5000 rpm's.
Although I did not get a sheet. I will get my car
sorted out ASAP and get it on the dyno with Dave's
BB GTR R34 soon.

3,663 Posts
Gio,

forgot to say mail me all the dyno sheets to [email protected]

And I will have a look and send you some feed back.

Mark

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Mark...basically the operator seemed to play too freely with the final ratio parameter. The software wouldn't accept a rev limit of 8500 rpm so in order to get this down enought to be accepted he screwed around with the final drive number. Needless to say we were all very confused. It is obvious he has never been to NZ for some proper Dynapack training!

BTW...final drive for a BNR34 suould be 3.545:confused:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Abbey M/S said:
Gio,

to busy to answer at the fully at the mo.

Will sort a detailed reply early next week.

Mark
Thanks a lot for looking into this, Mark. When you've got some time would be great.

If everybody else that got a dyno print out can scan it in an send it through to my email address ([email protected]), I'll send the lot off to Mark so he can try to make some sense of things.

BTW, dyno run was about Y10,000 each.

Cya O!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
4 dynapacks 5000?
i hope they know how to use them - lol

i just finished the video, getting it hosted by google
should be up in a day or less.

will post up the link in members gallery.
big size video - but well worth it.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Was good just to meet up and swap stories again.
Weather (and traffic) sucked.
Was gutted for Paul that the ECU wouldn't let the car run properly - but better to find out now than the main straight at Fuji Speedway....

Dyno was a bit of a laugh really - it's not a proper tuning shop...just a power check place. Shame the guys didn't know how to use the dynapack properly, we all came away with more questions over numbers - not less which was the idea :confused:

Still thought hipogtr got a very 'fitting' number though :D lol

41 - 59 of 59 Posts