GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to get my 95 R33 GTR V-spec dyno tuned. It's $1000.CDN for 4 pulls. I was wondering if anyone else has dyno tuned their Skyline GTR's, and if so what difference did it make from before to after tuning?. My R33 GTR has a stroked 2.8L, with all the goodies from ground up, I'm hoping to get her running her best !

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
What are you hoping to gain from the dyno tuning?

Are there any underlying issues that you are hoping to correct?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced the turbo's, going from a pair of BorgWarner EFR 6258 T25 to a pair of BorgWarner EFR 7173 T25. So I want to get them In tune by tweaking them on the dyno. With everything done to the car from the engine to the electronics, I want the RB28 running at peak performance. Easier for a tuner shop here to get it spot on with the proper equipment than me fiddling with it for quite awhile.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, i'm running the 6258 on my RB27, did you had some issue with the oil pressure going to the turbos and what oil pump are you running?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Fabulous Turbos, I have EFR 7163 turbos that I modified with 76mm compressor housings and 76mm compressor wheel, so expect you will love the extra power.

Understand why you are planning the Dyno tuning, your maps will now have load cells active that were not previously being used.

Keep us posted on what you achieve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, i'm running the 6258 on my RB27, did you had some issue with the oil pressure going to the turbos and what oil pump are you running?
Thanks
No oiling problems at all, with the amount of work done to the engine ( now a RB28 ). I want to increase the overall performance potential of the whole car. So new turbo's, will help me get to my goals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
I also am running the HKS oil pump, 65 liters per [email protected] 6000 rpm. One needs more oil flowing when you have a high performance engine, or any engine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also am running the HKS oil pump, 65 liters per [email protected] 6000 rpm. One needs more oil flowing when you have a high performance engine, or any engine.
have the same pump, but have to mutch oil going to the turbos and then i pushes to the exhaust , had to fit a smaler restrictor , it is better but not good, what oil are your running with them?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
have the same pump, but have to mutch oil going to the turbos and then i pushes to the exhaust , had to fit a smaler restrictor , it is better but not good, what oil are your running with them?
My turbos were starting to smoke a little.

Sent them to Turbo Dynamics for the upgrade to the compressor covers and asked for an evaluation on the cores, TD said they were fine.

Recommended solution was to fit a restrictor jet in the oil supply to the turbos. They are fine now with this mod, no smoking at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what result do you had with those turbos?
Sorry I just saw your post, I'm on a cross-country road trip with my wife in the R33. The last pull on the dyno netted me [email protected] at 25lbs of boost! I am so stoked with these numbers, I know that there is more in Godzilla when I increase boost,but I'm so thrilled on what I have right now! It behaves very well in traffic, triple clutch doesn't chatter at all, but on the open road it's a beast, loves mountain roads and straight stretches!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My turbos were starting to smoke a little.

Sent them to Turbo Dynamics for the upgrade to the compressor covers and asked for an evaluation on the cores, TD said they were fine.

Recommended solution was to fit a restrictor jet in the oil supply to the turbos. They are fine now with this mod, no smoking at all.
i have fitted an 1mm restrictor already and the smoke is nearly good but you can still smell the oil in the exhaust, i'm running motul 300v 15w50
what size restrictor you have used?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry I just saw your post, I'm on a cross-country road trip with my wife in the R33. The last pull on the dyno netted me [email protected] at 25lbs of boost! I am so stoked with these numbers, I know that there is more in Godzilla when I increase boost,but I'm so thrilled on what I have right now! It behaves very well in traffic, triple clutch doesn't chatter at all, but on the open road it's a beast, loves mountain roads and straight stretches!!!
thx, so i have an idea what i can exspect with them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts