GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

My M3 is up for sale

I drove the car out to spain when i was living there last year and since i came back its been in storage for quite a while

The reason it went into storage was that it had a problem with the gearbox, synchros i think

Anyway i have bought a new gearbox at a cost of £800

here are the negatives

1. Needs the supplied gearbox fitted

2. there is some laquer peeling on the rear bumber, minor!

3. there is some light scuffing on the front bumper, it should come out with some t-cut

4. its got no MOT or TAX

5. the wheels have some light kerbing on them

6. some little F##k tried to steal it and broke the drivers door lock barrel, i never use it as its got remote central loocking but i have got a price for a new one and its only £38, i will try to get it done before the sale as you need the log-book and some ID to get it done

The spec of the car is as follows

titan silver with black nappa leather

19" wheels

Every extra, TV, Sat-nav, heated front memory seats, Automatic headlights, automatic wipers, rear blind, tyre pressure sensors, Blue tooth, voice control, sun roof, folding mirrors, climate control, cruise control, multi function steering wheel, remote central locking, remote boot opening, CD changer

The Sat nav has the late 2008 european high defonition disk in it and the sat nav has been updated to the latest version

the TV works on the run now and the voice controls do everything from taking notes to fnding the closest petrol station via the sat-nav

Its recently had a new water pump, Rear tyres, all six coil packs and a clutch

Its a very late 52 plate and the milage is 122k with mostly main dealer service history

It was registered in late december 2002

Dont let the milage put you off apart from the gearbox the car is drives 100%

Also remember this used to be a BMW GB owned car and has been looked after regardless of cost

Anyway i want £8000 OVNO as it is

This car is easily worth £11000 with the gearbox sorted and a tiny bit of TLC

here is a picture for you all

The car now has black wheels as i lent it to someone and they kerbed the wheels so i got them refurbed

They are kerbed again now thanks to the shipping company but not that bad

The car is at my home in between chingford and waltham abbey and can be viewed any time out of work hours

my number is 07841 611 375, or just PM me

Cheers

Ricky

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
very tempting - does it have the running in service done at 1200 miles and is it a manual or auto gearbox ?

Also are you interested in part ex-ing this for a sweet 600+ hp 32GTR ? look up my ad on here if so

Thanks,
Pete

·
Vendor
12,590 Posts
very tempting - does it have the running in service done at 1200 miles and is it a manual or auto gearbox ?

Also are you interested in part ex-ing this for a sweet 600+ hp 32GTR ? look up my ad on here if so

Thanks,
Pete
Hi Peter

the 1200 miles serice is of little relevance on a vehicle this age and mileage. With the m-power engines alot developed faults well under 60k alledgedly due to the non service. BMW used it as a get out clause on their warranty system, I know i used to run a BMW dealership LOL! As the vehicle mileage is in excess of 60k you couldnt sell the car through the Approved BMW net work so the 1200k i think is meaningless but a good battering tool LOL!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks,
Pete
Its a 6 speed manual i cant for the life of me remember if it has had the running in service but i will check and let you know

Im not really interested in a part-ex for a R32 GTR as i already have one, LOL, once mapped it should about 600bhp as well

Ricky

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are some more recent pics and of the damage mentioned

PLEASE BARE IN MIND I HAVE NOT CLEANED THE CAR AT ALL IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND WOULD LOOK A LOT BETTER IF CLEANED

These pics were taken abiout an hour ago

And unfortunatly my camra phone will not pick up the laquer peeling on the rear bumper

Any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also i forgot to mention its got the Harmon Kardon sound system upgrade, auto dimmimg rear view mirror and rear park sensor

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
Very nice. Thats a steal at that price for someone handy with the spanners.
In all seriousness I would have considered it myself but have absolutely 0 space at the moment.
Completely agree with DaveW re the 1200 mile service. Its of no consequence on a car of this age/mileage TBH.

Good luck with the sale though.

TT

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car has had the 1200 mile run in service but the first person to view it has just given me a deposit for it, so pending full payment the car is sold

cheers

ricky

1 - 15 of 15 Posts