GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
They used to do it at Morrisons, a friend even had a Saab that ran on it from the factory.

Shame they don't sell it any more as I would love to try it also.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bawling::bawling::bawling:Yes... I currently by 25 litres but was hoping there was some pump somewhere

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
It also boost tq throughout the whole rpm...... It's a VERY desirable race fuel
Can you run much more torque on the stock rods? I remember when Ryan mapped my car, it hit 650lbft on VPower before turning it down to a more flat torque curve and peak 620lbft.

Should knock less so safer in that respect.

·
Registered
694 Posts
E85

It's a shame you guy's aren't over here in Sweden then as E85 is sold pretty much in every petrol station that we have here.

There are a few exceptions however, like in the little village where I now live we only have 95 or diesel. Drive 15 mins up the road however and 95, 98 and E85 is everywhere !

Oh yeah, if your car can run on E85 from the factory here you get cheaper car tax as well as it's classed as environmentally friendly :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Isn't E85 rated at 102 octane?

Pal of mine over in Japan told me that E85 is a better performer but you use more of it, so with this in mind you would think that MPG would suffer. However, in the states its cheaper as its a bio-fuel made from corn, so offset the lesser mpg with savings on fuel cost.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Isn't E85 rated at 102 octane?

Pal of mine over in Japan told me that E85 is a better performer but you use more of it, so with this in mind you would think that MPG would suffer. However, in the states its cheaper as its a bio-fuel made from corn, so offset the lesser mpg with savings on fuel cost.
You need to seriously up rate your fuel delivery system to make big power on E-85 it is not for the faint of heart:thumbsup:

Working on getting a big supply now:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The main problem will be E85 doesn't get any government subsidies here anymore. Until that happens, there's no incentive for the fuel companies to start distributing it because no one will buy it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The main problem will be E85 doesn't get any government subsidies here anymore. Until that happens, there's no incentive for the fuel companies to start distributing it because no one will buy it.
But we could bulk buy in Europe and import for race use:D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts