GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It's a shame you guy's aren't over here in Sweden then as E85 is sold pretty much in every petrol station that we have here.

There are a few exceptions however, like in the little village where I now live we only have 95 or diesel. Drive 15 mins up the road however and 95, 98 and E85 is everywhere !

Oh yeah, if your car can run on E85 from the factory here you get cheaper car tax as well as it's classed as environmentally friendly :chuckle:
your just trying to cheer me up aren't you :mad:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
really better get 2 sets of injectors in Jeff's then.

I would check that thou John as I have asked Jeff about that before and I am sure he said not in the JDS street series.
Just check with Jeff.....Methanol is fine.

Still looking at options as Ethanol (Denatured Bio-ethanol) still has slight better anti knock than methanol but shear quantities of Methanol will help cooling.

May look at going up to my Own mix E90 or E95 but whatever we do we will need to pour more fuel through the system so 12 injectors may be required along with the NOS or a Wet NOS system

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
We used that exact stuff in chubby timeattack gtr in he beginning, or i should say in his fire place ;). but be warned its very corrosive and went though a couple pumps. home brewing is fine if you know what your doing and accurate consistent mixes. Sunaco / VP C85 takes the mix risk out and has additional additives for lubrication of fuel system. Fuel flex ethanol sensor recommended too. Ethanol will easily make as much power as C16, Q16, C23 etc.. but without putting lead into the atmosphere and lambda sensors.

Shell are meant to have a new race fuel unleaded which makes similar gains to C16

biobutanol should be in UK fuels next year

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
We used that exact stuff in chubby timeattack gtr in he beginning, or i should say in his fire place ;). but be warned its very corrosive and went though a couple pumps. home brewing is fine if you know what your doing and accurate consistent mixes. Sunaco / VP C85 takes the mix risk out and has additional additives for lubrication of fuel system. Fuel flex ethanol sensor recommended too. Ethanol will easily make as much power as C16, Q16, C23 etc.. but without putting lead into the atmosphere and lambda sensors.

Shell are meant to have a new race fuel unleaded which makes similar gains to C16

It will be the Denaturing additive which is generally Methanol that would have caused the corrosion.

That is the down side of Methanol it doe stend to eat shit. What i need is E95 so I'll ask for a mix price and see what we get as E95 with the right lubricants would be the Dogs Nuts:smokin:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Check it out Ben!!! Butanol fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Biobutanol does not have the knock protection of Ethanol or Methanol infact it's close to standard gasoline:eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are quite a few high profile cars using a V Power/Methanol mix, with perhaps a splash of Tolouene.
75%pump 25%meth has worked very well for me with no issues over the last 3 or 4 years.
Performs better than the likes of 109, but not quite as well as VP Import 120.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
I would just like to remind everyone that the amount of race fuel you use in a season is not vast.

Trying to save a few pounds by buying unproven, non guaranteed brands or mixing your own might just cost you an engine.

Even if you spend an extra £1,000 per year on 'real' race fuel it will be a big saving over any damage caused by cutting corners.

Before blowing anything up - try calculating how much fuel you are likely to use this year then ask me how much it will cost you from Trackstuff at club rates. If you honestly think the savings are worth it I might open up an engine rebuilding company.
:runaway:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would just like to remind everyone that the amount of race fuel you use in a season is not vast.

Trying to save a few pounds by buying unproven, non guaranteed brands or mixing your own might just cost you an engine.

Even if you spend an extra £1,000 per year on 'real' race fuel it will be a big saving over any damage caused by cutting corners.

Before blowing anything up - try calculating how much fuel you are likely to use this year then ask me how much it will cost you from Trackstuff at club rates. If you honestly think the savings are worth it I might open up an engine rebuilding company.
:runaway:

Do your trying to say its not worth it?

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Do your trying to say its not worth it?
Top quality race fuel = £80
Race engine = £20,000

I just think it is the same as fitting chinese components. Save a pound today spend a thousand tomorrow.

Yes I do not think it is worth it!

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
So what type of fuel is better then Vpower? Race fuel?

Want to store some for when I have my car out and about
It depends on the car, the set up, the engine build and the power being produced/required.

Some cars need no more than VPower. PM me your phone number and I will have a chat with you as to what is best for your car.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Ludders I can't see E85 on the track stuffsite. Do you guys stock this in 25 litres?...... Correction yes I can see it
Just remember there is a discount scheme in operation.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
There are quite a few high profile cars using a V Power/Methanol mix, with perhaps a splash of Tolouene.
75%pump 25%meth has worked very well for me with no issues over the last 3 or 4 years.
Performs better than the likes of 109, but not quite as well as VP Import 120.
Russ,

When mapping Fee's GTR can we have a map done for 25% Meth too?

Seems it is a bit easier to get hold of just now.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Im trying to find a source of E100 at moment as abroad it is dirt cheap!

Mix in abit of Vpower and you are laughing. Need a Flex fuel sensor though with ecu able to run it

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Im trying to find a source of E100 at moment as abroad it is dirt cheap!

Mix in abit of Vpower and you are laughing. Need a Flex fuel sensor though with ecu able to run it
Ryan,

I have found E99 which is in effect E100 plus a Denaturer to stop you drinking it.

I will be getting a quote tommorrow:thumbsup:

41 - 60 of 77 Posts