GTR Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ryan,

I have found E99 which is in effect E100 plus a Denaturer to stop you drinking it.

I will be getting a quote tommorrow:thumbsup:
Let me know mate, Might have to get the guys at SVM to put some 2200cc in now :)

Got flex fuel sensors with me ready :)

Honestly i would be well up for getting 250L of this ready for Marham. Its so much nicer on the engine and turbos

3,665 Posts
75% ethanol/25% super?

I agree the super will help the fuel systems and starting in cold weather , just a pain to mix it all the time.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Redline does an addetitive for ethanol that lubricates the pumps and removes all the residue that it otherwise can leave behind.
Or you could add a small amount of recin-based oil in it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
75% ethanol/25% super?

I agree the super will help the fuel systems and starting in cold weather , just a pain to mix it all the time.
Its easy for us mate. Tune it on Vpower and then on Ethanol to the max % the fuel system will safely take. Syvecs then just blends the Fuel, Ignition, Boost, limits etc to take into account.

You can measure roughly with external gauge easily enough and then just throw it in and let Ecu do the rest. Syvecs Closed loop strategies are a god send and allow me to play angry birds more and i dont mean the Apple App :D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Let me know mate, Might have to get the guys at SVM to put some 2200cc in now :)

Got flex fuel sensors with me ready :)

Honestly i would be well up for getting 250L of this ready for Marham. Its so much nicer on the engine and turbos
E99 is is a denatured Ethanol that is either (99% ethanol 1% methanol and a additive called BITTER+PLUS ( denatonium benzoate) at 10 micrograms per millilitre.

OR

99% Ethanol with Unleaded petrol with a Research Octane Number (RON) greater than 91 @ 1% vol.

Additives are just to stop you drinking it :D

Ryan, I will need the flex fuel censors and hopefully the 2000 cc injectors will suffice until i add the NOS and then I may go with wet NOS to add extra fuel or 12 injectors.

I might look at adding 5% unleaded just to get the bloody motor to start. All my lines and special pump and injectors are good for Methanol or ethanol so lets get going and it will give us WINGS!

3,665 Posts
I forgot about that Ryan ,Syvecs is pretty awesome I agree, over 740 rear wheel hub bhp on a RB26 running on pump fuel last week using a S6. very good control of the the calibration maps and the boost/knock control is just out of the world.

·
Registered
337 Posts
E99 is is a denatured Ethanol that is either (99% ethanol 1% methanol and a additive called BITTER+PLUS ( denatonium benzoate) at 10 micrograms per millilitre.

OR

99% Ethanol with Unleaded petrol with a Research Octane Number (RON) greater than 91 @ 1% vol.

Additives are just to stop you drinking it :D

Ryan, I will need the flex fuel censors and hopefully the 2000 cc injectors will suffice until i add the NOS and then I may go with wet NOS to add extra fuel or 12 injectors.

I might look at adding 5% unleaded just to get the bloody motor to start. All my lines and special pump and injectors are good for Methanol or ethanol so lets get going and it will give us WINGS!
I would go with "99% Ethanol with Unleaded petrol with a Research Octane Number (RON) greater than 91 @ 1% vol"

If i was in your Situ and TBH i might do it anyway is go with the 12 Injector route. Pop your stock injectors back in stock location for perfect everyday driving and then move your 2000cc up higher in the manifold. This way you achieve much better atomisation and you also cool the charge ;)

Also with the power you will be making the 2000cc injectors on 85% ethanol plus will be cutting it fine.

A VR38 needs roughly about 5.7cc of 99ron Unleaded fuel per HP. Add ~30% to this for ~80% ethanol mixture and the ID2000 injectors will be flat out at around 1600hp.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I would go with "99% Ethanol with Unleaded petrol with a Research Octane Number (RON) greater than 91 @ 1% vol"

If i was in your Situ and TBH i might do it anyway is go with the 12 Injector route. Pop your stock injectors back in stock location for perfect everyday driving and then move your 2000cc up higher in the manifold. This way you achieve much better atomisation and you also cool the charge ;)

Also with the power you will be making the 2000cc injectors on 85% ethanol plus will be cutting it fine.

A VR38 needs roughly about 5.7cc of 99ron Unleaded fuel per HP. Add ~30% to this for ~80% ethanol mixture and the ID2000 injectors will be flat out at around 1600hp.

Ryan
Ryan,

Looking at WET NOS and using two cross fire nozzles before each throttle body. I expect that we will get better homogenization going this route rather than direct injection as this has been tried before. We can sizer the fuel shots to suit the NOS shots prior to the throttle body...Much lower cost elegant solution IMO.

Conformation Quote for E99 1% Unleaded coming tommorow and looking to purchase 1000 litres:wavey:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Any update on this John,

Using 99.9% ethanol today with 10ppm bitrex and this is 100% my fuel of choice now for power.

A back to back run with c16 yesterday made 130whp more and 190c lower EGTs

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Any update on this John,

Using 99.9% ethanol today with 10ppm bitrex and this is 100% my fuel of choice now for power.

Have decided to stay on E85 race fuel for 2013 so will be tuning based on this and with the NOS should keep the EGT low as well

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Any update on this John,

How about bringing a bucket of this stuff up in a couple of weeks time pal?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Any update on this John,

I can get this fuel easily for around £2.30 per liter but is it SAFE to use or will it damage the engine over time???

61 - 77 of 77 Posts