GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the earliest a Uk 33 could be registered? I was thinking of going to look at one, it has leather enterior, Middlehurst History,but the car is a 96 model, is it possible that it is a UK car?:rolleyes:

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
UK models.

The UK models ran from '97 to '99 with the first being 'P' and the last being 'T' as far as I am aware, the leather interior was a cost option on the R33 and was around the £2k mark dependant on owners spec/colour etc. There was an early registered UK demonstrator, but I dont know if it was registered as early as '96.
Contact MM on 0174426681 as they will have all been registered through his garage.

Matt.

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Vin Numbers.

Posted on another thread aswell,
UK Vin Numbers on the R33 ALL ended with;

R33U00000** where the ** is 00-99 = 100 UK cars.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
First Cars To Be Registered

The first two cars which were registered were the press cars, both on 'R' plate and both in '97'.

Another way to check if it's a Uk car or not, the interior should be a series 3, all the trim should be with red inserts including the head rests, the steering wheel should have red stiching as well.

The speedo meter should have calibrations for both MPH on the outside carcus and KMH on the inside.

Regards

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can't get much earlier than

1st August 1997 (i.e. first day of R plate). No UK cars were registered on a P plate to my knowledge.

My UK model was one of the 6 1/8/97 Nissan owned ones, reg'd R1/2/3/4/5/6 GTR

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts