GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all.I 'm really hoping someone can offer some help here?

Basically my drivers door will not open...not from the outside,nor from the inside.
all the cables are attached,door rods operating and door rod clips are intact.

If I lower both windows and by inserting a plastic rule push down on the door rod the passenger door ,it will open(but that's working ok anyway)but the same trick will not work on the drivers door.

Obviously I can't remove the door card as it is...so whats next without the risk of causing any damage?

Many thanks in advance guys

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
G'day all.I 'm really hoping someone can offer some help here?

Basically my drivers door will not open...not from the outside,nor from the inside.
all the cables are attached,door rods operating and door rod clips are intact.

If I lower both windows and by inserting a plastic rule push down on the door rod the passenger door ,it will open(but that's working ok anyway)but the same trick will not work on the drivers door.

Obviously I can't remove the door card as it is...so whats next without the risk of causing any damage?

Many thanks in advance guys
This happened to one of my customers cars on the drivers door and I got it open, you will need a second person. Make sure that the door is unlocked via remote get in from the passenger side and climb over into the drivers seat, get someone to push gently on the door from the outside by the door handle and you keep lifting the door door lever from inside and push out with your shoulder at the same time. This problem sometimes happens if the door has been slammed shut the lock clicks out of position. If you are not sure of what I'm saying then you can call me on 07973733441 and I will talk you through it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Tak

I've been fannying about with it since I first posted and with 2 plastic rods poked down beside the open window...I just managed to open it.

If I close the lock fingers in the side of the door while still open both handles open them up buttery smooth

Trouble is I'm in a small garage with limited space.I think the best bet is to remove the door card and take another look when I have more space

...I'm scared to shut the bluddy door now tho:eek:

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
Thanks for that Tak

I've been fannying about with it since I first posted and with 2 plastic rods poked down beside the open window...I just managed to open it.

If I close the lock fingers in the side of the door while still open both handles open them up buttery smooth

Trouble is I'm in a small garage with limited space.I think the best bet is to remove the door card and take another look when I have more space

...I'm scared to shut the bluddy door now tho:eek:
Spray loads of WD40 in the latch whilst it's open and clip items over manually with a screwdriver and then release it with the handle

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened to one of my customers cars on the drivers door and I got it open, you will need a second person. Make sure that the door is unlocked via remote get in from the passenger side and climb over into the drivers seat, get someone to push gently on the door from the outside by the door handle and you keep lifting the door door lever from inside and push out with your shoulder at the same time. This problem sometimes happens if the door has been slammed shut the lock clicks out of position. If you are not sure of what I'm saying then you can call me on 07973733441 and I will talk you through it.
Hi Tak,

I have same problems also, driver door of my gtr r35 JDM Version cannot open from outside either inside. Door handle outside and inside when i pull it seems there is no tension which different with pessenger door. I got your point but i have some question related with your solution.
You said that the 2nd person will push from outside, is it the 2nd person will push with his hand where the location in door handle ? meanwhile me inside the driver seat will lifting the door lever handle while my shoulder push the door panel ? tell me if correct because i think other person will push from outside and 2nd person will push also from inside so how it can work. I live in Indonesia

Thanks
Rinaldi

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
Hi, one person inside and one outside, the one inside needs to push outwards and pulling the release handle up and down, whilst the one outside needs to be locking and unlocking the car using the fob quickly. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Tak, let me try tomorrow. Any reason why would this happen since i live in Indonesia which no Winter Weather. 3 Days ago i wash my car and after that i put in garage and still fine the door. after i left 2 days and i want to use and start happen. Any advise ?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I’ve sold a few door related items for various Issues these have. Infact the bare doors don’t really sell it’s the Internals that do along with the mirrors.

Ive sent parts abroad for these so I assume both lhd and rhd suffer the same issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts