GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm probably going to get slated for looking at copies but does anyone have any feedback or knowledge of the low maxes from malaysia on ebay from genius-jdm? I don't track the car so main concerns are with general build and safety.

·
Registered
678 Posts
dont know them, but i have fake brides from a well known trader here in NL and the quality is superb really well made, i wouldnt trust all the ebay dealers on there. because you dont know what you get from them

·
Registered
678 Posts
how do you know did you test them ? come check mine here its well made cant break it really trust me tried to bend it.

You have cheap fakes and you have quality fakes try to find the quality ones ;).

·
Registered
902 Posts
I know I'm probably going to get slated for looking at copies but does anyone have any feedback or knowledge of the low maxes from malaysia on ebay from genius-jdm? I don't track the car so main concerns are with general build and safety.
Copies will fail and break in an accident.
They will break your back and you'll get paralyzed or get yourself killed.

Build quality can look so good, fabric can feel so good, in the end they haven't been tested in any safety norm (whether it be FIA, EC or any other check).
Original Bride's / Sparco or any other well manufactured brand with all the EC / TUV / FIA safety norm certificates know what they're doing and these seats won't break your back when you crash.

Ofcourse you can't break or bend them with your hands, but the forces that are playing with the seats when you crash are waayyyyy more than you can think of.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
how do you know did you test them ? come check mine here its well made cant break it really trust me tried to bend it.

You have cheap fakes and you have quality fakes try to find the quality ones ;).
The work fake or copy should answer the question for its self. Would you wear fake Nike trainers or buy fake raybun sunglasses or buy your children fake toys that could potentially harm them?? I prob think you would.
You drive a high powered car with fake seats in it that's your choice.
Cheap fake or quality fake it's all fake

·
Registered
161 Posts
You pays your money and you takes your choice

I would prefer a more budget seat with the approvals if you cant justify the genuine bride? don't like to see copies no matter the quality.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i dont like the fact that everyone assumes that fake will break how do you know again did you test them did you see them for your self??

again i would like to point out that theyre are copies which will indeed fall apart and that they are well made quality copies.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
i dont like the fact that everyone assumes that fake will break how do you know again did you test them did you see them for your self??

again i would like to point out that theyre are copies which will indeed fall apart and that they are well made quality copies.
How do you know your fakes won't fall apart in a accident have guy tested them?? I'm sure the answer will be no.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i tried to break them with all the power i had, second i had to make a emergancy stop once when driving 60 mph which resulted in flying one of my bbs LM very hard against the back of the seat only damage was a slight scratch.

i bought them from a well known trader here in the netherlanders which are fairly honest people and searched for some time for the best quality ones i plann to buy the genuine bride vios kevlar ones in the future

·
Registered
902 Posts
i tried to break them with all the power i had, second i had to make a emergancy stop once when driving 60 mph which resulted in flying one of my bbs LM very hard against the back of the seat only damage was a slight scratch.

i bought them from a well known trader here in the netherlanders which are fairly honest people and searched for some time for the best quality ones i plann to buy the genuine bride vios kevlar ones in the future
:confused:

If you hit a brick will at 130KM/h or go sideways into a lamp post, the forces will be way, way WAY more than just trying to bend it with your arms or have 1 wheel sliding against the back of your seat...

Anyway, we can keep going on and on and on about this, if you only have 500 euro's and want bride seats, go buy replica's.:GrowUp:

If you want to live after a crash and your life is worth more than 500 euro's. Just save a little more and buy the original.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah i know that one, that's exactly what will happen to your seat in a crash, looks awesome huh! :)

Sasau-san (Bride boss) explained it to me, this is a pre-production seat with a new sort of reclining mechanism that failed ( they adjusted it and tested it again and again and again so it will not break again.
Somehow, the video of the malfunction leaked and that's the video you just posted, this video is recorded in 2007 (thats 7 years ago).

We are the official Bride dealer for NL, UK, DE, BE, LUX, FR, IT and many more. I know my stuff, I speak to the owner every week to get more info or help on seats that i want to offer to our customers...

Fake seats will kill you. Period.

·
Registered
678 Posts
alright video doesnt justify then,

but still think its a little harsh to think that a fake seat will break.
anyway lets stopp this endless discussion we wouldnt agree anyway.

i said what my experience was you said what you think will happen.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Well they must be safe then! Jesus :flame:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Copies MIGHT do the job they should. Only problem is that you won't know until it's too late.
It's a gamble on money vs health/life. Is it worth it? It's your choice.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Your lucky you didn't loose your head with the wheel flying over!

I bet it was a fake BBS.

Seriously mental attitude towards safety.

You do wear a seat belt right???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts