GTR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Good to hear mate, all I ment was if you have any more problem welding a 15mm flange on top of your flange could be a option
it wouldn't fit mate ive got like 3mm or so before the turbo hits the inner wing :bawling: lol

that's one of the advantages of an amt manifold the turbo is in a much better position, I don't think I could physically fit a gt42 size turbo on my mani without head and innerwing interference.

then again I will never be wanting any bigger than the gt40 frame size anyways so not an issue really, I am seriously tempted by a 6466 or 6766 precision though.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts

I've used said cheap manifold in the past without any problems.Cleaned up the ports beforehand. The main thing is to fully support the manifold underneath with stays bolted to the block, this is one of the reasons why cracking occurs & not just with the cheap manifolds either.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
it wouldn't fit mate ive got like 3mm or so before the turbo hits the inner wing :bawling: lol

that's one of the advantages of an amt manifold the turbo is in a much better position, I don't think I could physically fit a gt42 size turbo on my mani without head and innerwing interference.

then again I will never be wanting any bigger than the gt40 frame size anyways so not an issue really, I am seriously tempted by a 6466 or 6766 precision though.

I think any bigger will be to laggy and only be any good for drag use. How much you think you would gain with a precision? There's only one thing that puts me off precision turbos and that's because there not fitted they have no standards to meet or so I read.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I think any bigger will be to laggy and only be any good for drag use. How much you think you would gain with a precision? There's only one thing that puts me off precision turbos and that's because there not fitted they have no standards to meet or so I read.

im trying to get some comparable dyno plots together mate.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ok mate I don't no if the gains will be worth the £££. I ment to say as the precision are not ow fitted out of the factory new they have no real standards, but people have great results out of them

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

that's not comparable mate, I don't know what manifold they used but the precision is open scroll and the efr divided, they both should of been run divided or open whichever the mani is to make it comparable.

for me those results are void, uncorrected, sae, sae j1349 and din also can play a huge part in figures so its gonna take me a while to find some proper comparable figures, they will all be dynapack though for the research as my plots are dynapack for my motor.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yes I no what you mean it's a little silly doing a comparison like that if you click the link it's tells you all about the test. Both turbos were mounted on the same manifold what was a open scroll

21 - 28 of 28 Posts