GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had good feedback from purpleskyline earlier on the pads performance I am seriously considering these.. Any more thoughts on their behaviour? I had bought a set years ago which I guess were old compounds and were good on track and road use.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yellowstuff are GREAT pads for fast road and track use, very decent price/performance payoff.
I have them all round in 2x FTO's and my R33, Good stuff and great value.
Perfect if you drive hard and are NOT a badge snob.

·
Registered
25,669 Posts
Yellowstuff are GREAT pads for fast road and track use, very decent price/performance payoff.
I have them all round in 2x FTO's and my R33, Good stuff and great value.
Perfect if you drive hard and are NOT a badge snob.
try Endless brake set up, you will think different

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mate I am not going to spend almost 800-1000 pounds on a set of Endless or Mu pads. I am not racing my R32.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I had a set many moons ago so may have been an old compound- for the road they were good, needed a bit of time to warm up before biting properly (felt a bit wooden when cold). They were quite dusty from what I remember and squealed when warm. I never did any track days but they were OK on the Ring on a TF day. I wasn't very hard on brakes though.

There was a test a while back with EBC pads on R35's and (blue or orange I think) and general consensus was they were OK, not amazing, however, with the R35 set up on your R32 it may work better as you're hauling less weight

Edit:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/152848-ebc-bluestuff-ndx-brake-pads-group-review.html

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/155206-ebc-orangestuff-brake-pads-review-test.html

Not yellow stuff but may make good reading

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I had them on my R33 GTR, wasn't bad pads as Jags said I found mine sqeeky at times, handled Brunthingthorpe for about 15 laps without any problems slowing down from 140ish.

For a budget pad they're fine IMO

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Have never got on with ebc stuff but have been hard on brakes. If your not hard on youre brakes then they wil probably be ok. Have always got on with ferrodo ds2500. Someone mentioned bendix doing a road set up for the gtr at circa £180 which is great value.

Would be interested in what you choose and how you get on

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jags your probably right were carrying 350kgs less than an R35 so that will make a big difference. I too had them with my old 4 pot brembos and they were pretty good.

The other option is DS2500s again not having tested them I cannot say how they will be on the R35 setup. The yellow stuff had some good feedback from a forum member with the same system on a R33.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I use them on my gtst and on the 911 which is similar weight to the r32, decent pad in my experience. Decent on the road, quiet and good cold bite and good on track, no vibrations from uneven transfer layers, stable friction as they get hot. But both these cars have 300mm brakes, you may struggle to get the heat into them on the 380mm brakes you have for them not to be maybe a bit noisy on the road. Worth a try imo if you don't want to spend on dedicated track pads.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
We import Porterfield pads from the USA which are very good and reasonably priced against the top line competitors. Can't compete against EBC price wise but like most things in this world, you pay for what you get.

Prices on our website if required.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have EBC yellows on my Supra and i'm really pleased with them. Bit dusty until they bed in but then I found they give excellent braking performance from hot or cold.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like Blues were a failure, the Orange had positive review. In fact I checked prices of Endless and Mu range of pads and they are similar money with RHD Japan compared to EBC Orange. Just add duty on top. I will go this route

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have them on my CTR, they are crap when cold and seem to do the job when driving hard although i managed to get mine cooking the other day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts