GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I've heard how advisable to change ECU when upping boost. As only want to run safe stage one car (don't want too end up skint and/or in a field), any suggestions on best option.
Heard about Mines VX ECU - would this run with HKS EVC boost controller and if so would the ECU require setting up on dyno. (Or are they sealed units).
Any suggestions (helpfull) would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i went for RK Tuning stage 1 chip which sorted the fuel out and that when i upped the boost to 1bar with a boost controller.

£250 all in when i had it done not sure if its changed at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noted that someone else is selling similiarECUalso on ebay but thatfeedback rating -1. Don't paricularly want to go there as already ripped of for 600 quid for second hand nismo wheels. I know, I know....600 quid! To cheap and there is no bargains on ebay. Still hope the coppers get the thieving scum.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no its a direct replacement.

they unplug your old one and plug in this one.

Ron also fitted and setup my boost controller aswell so it was all running perfect!

all in all i think i paid £250 for chip, £80 to fit and setup boost controller and i bought a Greddy profec B boost controller off ebay for £200, best £530 i spent on the car.

Speak to Ron hes a top bloke and will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Luffy said:
all in all i think i paid £250 for chip, £80 to fit and setup boost controller and i bought a Greddy profec B boost controller off ebay for £200, best £530 i spent on the car.

Speak to Ron hes a top bloke and will be able to help you out.
Is this on an R33 GTR? I thought they had to be mapped? And I thought that meant buying a mappable ECU for like £600??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts