GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up my 2018 GTR on Friday all going well.

I intended tuning with Cobb as I can self tune. Not interested in Ecutek as they won’t let you use their tuning software.

Cobb are saying 18+ was a new Ecu and not supported. From what I read it was 2019 Ecu that is new.

Anyone confirm or know numbers of the newer Ecu.

might have to go Syvecs but not budgeted for that so soon

·
Vendor
3,360 Posts
I’d drop the ecu and take the serial numbers off it. It may show you if you plug in a consul in Or how about if you just use somebody’s ecutek and do a search on ecu?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Will deffo whip the ecu out and get numbers off it. I live way up north (50 miles north of Aberdeen)getting someone up here with Ecutek to plug in for a test wont be so easy but that would prob be a good idea though.

I am busy searching the internet for info but its thin on the ground re ecu update date. According to Cobb the whole world apart from USA got the updated ecu in 2018.

·
Vendor
3,360 Posts
The ecutek leads can be picked up relatively cheap secondhand and you can always resell them on without any issues.

It may only be the program that’s different on the ecu and no internal part differences, might be worth a call to a gtr Nissan dealer, you might get lucky and be able to speak to there master tech.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will go look. Yeah worth a shot with the dealer, nothing to lose.

·
Vendor
3,360 Posts
I think the std ecu is pretty good at running modified cars

Admittedly you have a bigger options list with the syvecs but at a much bigger price tag

The ecutek does the job decent but your totally limited as to what you can do and have to keep going back to the dealer for calibration corrections.

I bought an Emtron ecu from Mark Shead at MA Developments. I've not used it yet because I am way behind with my project.
The reason for choice was Mark knows pretty Much everything about what he sells and if he does'nt he'll find out for you. He answers his phone to advise and guide you in a pleasant manner. The unit is cheaper than syvecs and has all the functions I am ever going to need. I think the emtron also powered a world time attack car winning the series, so it must have something going for it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, that's a blast from the past, back my Cossie days. Did not even know he was still on the go

will go investigate

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So ECU is Hitachi MEC 125-000 it never seems to have changed. I guess they maybe just changed the processor. Difficult to find info.

·
Vendor
3,360 Posts
I know the tcm modules only have processor and map difference, so I would’nt expect any more than that.

Do you have any specific goles your wanting to achieve outside of altering fuel,boost,ignition?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't really have a goal at this time. I just like playing. Will prob go stage 3 initially maxing out the stock injectors. then Stage 4. Not sure i want de-cats this time, but time will tell. I really fancy putting big turbos on again. see how things go.

On a positive note I found paperwork with the car that states my car is MY17 (although its a March 2018 car, I guess it sat a while before getting registered) which would be ace in terms of Cobb software.

I just got home form a very long and slow drive. I went the length of the country to pick up the GTR. Due to crashes on the Mway I had to stop over in Preston, then even today the amount of traffic jams and crashes was a joke. I now know why I love living in Scotland.

Car is stock and as such a bit on the slow side, not to mention the kickdown on the gearbox. I forgot it went 6th, 5th, 4th when kicking down, painfully slow. I cant remember if a gearbox map address that?

Also forgot how many people try and race you. its going to be tiresome. Did had a wee play with a stage 2 (i think, loud a bit smokey and very fast) RS3. not much in it. GTR deffo needs a map.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I leave stock rods( I prob will) I will go got Linney 800whp turbos. I used his 900R turbos( same turbos, different name?) last time and was very pleased with them.

·
Vendor
3,360 Posts
I've just remembered I've got a eba ecu etc🙈 I'll look at the codes on that but it might be the back end of the week or possibly into the following, just doing some remodelling in the shed😂

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would be great. No rush.

pretty sure it’s a 17, just been out looking for apple play and I dont have it. It came standard in the 2018 car

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cobb arrived. Stage 1 and gearbox map applied, no issues. So deffo MY 2017.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts