GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, Do you think anyone will bring out a ecu which the little guy, i.e. me! can tune at home and on the road, with old fashioned knobs and dials. Rather than having to pay a tuner a small fortune to set-up etc? No offence to you tuner guys, i,m sure plenty of folk would still go to you guys. I,d love to tune my own skylines at home. It,s just a thought, i don,t wish to start a debate. Cheers, Alan. ( valhalla).

·
Registered
213 Posts

Sure it would run a Skyline with enough work but it's generally used for stuff like Vauxhall XEs on bike throttle bodies, i.e. an affordable and educational system, deisnged primarily not for ultimate power but for the satisfaction and knowledge gained.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I tuned my own PowerFC using an Innovate wideband sensor and lm-1, connected to a laptop. Very happy with the results, and it wasn't as difficult as it first seems.

:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks guys. Given me plenty to think about. Simon, where did you get your Innovate parts from? All sounds good stuff. Cheers. Alan. (valhalla).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow, the megasquirt ecu really lets you learn about the tiny bits of ecu tunning, other ecu's from major manufacturers seem too auto-ish in comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts