GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought one as need to do a clutch learn, put app on phone, paired device to phone
But it just sits at detecting vehicle type loading page and never changes ?
Have left it for 20 minutes, the working circle is going round and round but nothing happens ?
Anyone any ideas bloody thing doing my head in 馃が

Registered
Disconnect any other bluetooth devices

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Disconnect any other bluetooth devices
Ecutek only has my phone connected to it mate and only bluetooth connection to my phone was ecutek, all I had was history of old connections on my phone nothing connected

I ordered the key dongle through jurgen and I tried it today but my laptop only has 1 usb port and I need 2 so waiting for usb hub now

Need to do clutch learn, then run syvecs with team viewer so Romain can alter my boost by gear, it was set up in February in cold damp weather so I'm hopeing there's alot more boost to be had now in the 0-100 mph range 1st to 3rd gear as it's warm and dry now

Registered
But in cold damp weather it will run more boost than in hot dry weather and make more power

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
But in cold damp weather it will run more boost than in hot dry weather and make more power

It won't run less boost in hot weather it will just be hotter charge air
It also won't effect any dyno pulls if that's what your getting at as there temperature corrected
This has already been demonstrated to me by Motorsport developments on there dyno dynamics rolling road, just placing the temp probe in a cup of tea will give hugely inflated power figures

Boost by gear needs setting up in summer as you will be well aware

Registered
It won't run less boost in hot weather it will just be hotter charge air
It also won't effect any dyno pulls if that's what your getting at as there temperature corrected
This has already been demonstrated to me by Motorsport developments on there dyno dynamics rolling road, just placing the temp probe in a cup of tea will give hugely inflated power figures

Boost by gear needs setting up in summer as you will be well aware
It will make more power on a cold damp day because it can run more boost because as you say the AIT is cooler, but theres way easier ways to fudge a dyno figure than a cup of tea :unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
It will make more power on a cold damp day because it can run more boost because as you say the AIT is cooler, but theres way easier ways to fudge a dyno figure than a cup of tea :unsure:
Of coarse it will make more power on the coldest day but it will also have the least grip, but those gains won't show on a dyno as they correct for ambient air temperature

User defined wheel to flywheel power, ramp rate, strapping tension are a few others that can manipulate figures

Anyways got me clutch learn done finally last night, have 1.2 bar of boost in second gear, it does hit 2 bar in third gear but it appears to be very slow coming onto boost so it's either being held back electronically on the wastegates to give a slow progressive on boost curve or the turbos are just slow coming onto boost due to there size, next job is racecal to lift any restrictions of 3rd gear boost and get some more boost into second gear hopefully to the limit of grip, with the turbos being so big I'm hoping can get close to 2 bar of boost in 2nd gear

Registered
Good to hear you got the dongle issue sorted and succesfully performed the clutch relearn.
Keep us posted on the boost adjustments. Hopefully you can get some even better killer times after the adjustments.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear you got the dongle issue sorted and succesfully performed the clutch relearn.
Keep us posted on the boost adjustments. Hopefully you can get some even better killer times after the adjustments.

IL not stop til it's in the 3s 100-200 kph on super unleaded fuel mate
Hopefully boost by gear adjustments will sort it, if not il do what necasary to get it there 馃榿馃憤

Reactions: archan

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Did you manage to solve it?
Yeah I have to connect with laptop and proecu software, the Bluetooth and phone app will not work I believe due to me running syvecs s8

1 - 14 of 14 Posts