GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the best? Or is there nothing in it between mappers.
Can it be live mapped or is it just data logged?

Also whats the cost? i already have the Ecutek pro kit.

Graham

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
You have a choice - there's Iain @ Litchfield or Ben @ GTC, both have excellent reputations on the Ecutek stuff.

There's a license cost for engine (ECM license), a cost for gearbox (TCM license) then a cost of the mapping.

What are your mods?

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
iain can do this remotely for you so no travel cost. Their number is 01684 850 999. They developed the EcuTek from the start with them.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At mo nothing but collecting parts for next month as i cant do anything till after next service as its already paid for and want to do MOT first.

Stage 4
GTC full exhaust 90mm inc y-pipe
Walbro fuel Pumps
Forge Air intake kit
Forge alloy header tank
1100cc injectors (not sure on make need more advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Miltec down pipes

Graham

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep ive just given Iain a ring and cost with them is £600 for mapping and £300 for gearbox software.

Graham

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
You should consider the warranty too. Its saved loads of members a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But isn't that only if they do the work? RBMotorsport are fitting everything but just need it mapping. Id rather Rod live map it but they only do Cobb and i feel there has been alot more ongoing development on the EcuTek.

Graham

·
Registered
103 Posts
+1 on Iain Litchfield , I had my stage 1 done by them and was very happy with the service and aftersales support.

Best bet is to keep an eye out for a pro ecu cable in the parts for sale section , then Iain can map the car remotely and the added bonus is that it can be used as a diag tool for relearning clutch tpms etc.

cheers

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Best bet is to keep an eye out for a pro ecu cable in the parts for sale section , then Iain can map the car remotely and the added bonus is that it can be used as a diag tool for relearning clutch tpms etc.

Just got one this week so thats what im planing to do, just trying to find best place to go and costings as GTC said £200 for licence and £250 for the map which is £150 cheaper than litchfields. Not bothered about cost just want the best.

Graham

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Graham, you could try Jurgen @ JM Imports also... he just mapped Keith Cowies new motor

Dickie

Hi bud Yep they are my next option. Just need to get a price on the 1100cc asnu injectors.

Graham

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Graham, you could try Jurgen @ JM Imports also... he just mapped Keith Cowies new motor

Dickie

Hi bud Yep they are my next option. Just need to get a price on the 1100cc asnu injectors.

Graham
Hi Graham

give Ben a shout on the injectors that's where I picked mine up from

Jurgen drove my car to get the logs and Ben mapped it from Thailand its running stage 4 and goes well.

Keith

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ive had my car stage 4.25 via Jurgen at JM Imports. Mapped on two occassions and a great service. The guy bleeds GTRs so there is plenty of choice out there.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think i need to start making some calls and check on prices, thanks for the info guys.

Graham

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
No offence to Ben but I think Iain has more GT-R ecutek mapping experience than all other ecutek mappers worldwide put together.
However, acspeedtech have donkeys years mapping experience, and have mapped loads of GT-R's, including lawsy and flynns (sprints cars)....

I took mine there on their advice, and the cars been great!

plus ACspeedtech are only down the road from Blackpool for any map tweaks you might want in the future as well :squintdan they also do the gearbox updates etc

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

Just got one this week so thats what im planing to do, just trying to find best place to go and costings as GTC said £200 for licence and £250 for the map which is £150 cheaper than litchfields. Not bothered about cost just want the best.

Graham
ah i believe all ecutek dealers sell at the same retail price. dont forget its two licences

1 - 20 of 24 Posts