GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've purchased a second hand EcuTek cable but I'm struggling to get it to work on my laptop.

The cable came with no USB dongle but my car has already been EcuTek mapped & I only wanted to use the cable for clearing codes & doing a clutch relearn ect... Not to upload ROM maps.

The problem is when I try to use the EcuTek app installer program, it is asking for a DESkey.

Even though I have no USB DESkey dongle, I have the Reg Code & Dongle ID's written on some card that came with the cable.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Could be wrong but I believe for the ProECU to work you need the little black plastic dongle. Should have been in the hard box along with the rest. I understand this is the key part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you SKNAM, the more that I research, the more I tend to agree with you.

I was hoping that because I have the cable & dongle registration codes, I could somehow create another usb dongle with that information.

I'll send EcuTek an email tomorrow, maybe they can help me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well EcuTek told me to buy a replacement DESkey so I could download & install their software on my laptop. I did not want to spend another £150

So I bought a Type C to female USB connector cable for £2.89 off eBay & downloaded the EcuTek app on my phone from the Android Playstore. This made the EcuTek cable work & I was able to clear the fault codes & do a clutch relearn. I haven't had chance to have a proper mess about with it yet, so I'm unsure if every option is available to use, but I was able to do everything that I wanted to use it for.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts