GTR Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I'm at Litchfields in 2 weeks :D hopefully can have a play with this then.
Yup, just waiting for Iain to roll the map updates out. I'm going to be giggling all the way to the petrol station.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
If I've just had the car mapped at Litchfields would I be able to get the update or does the car need mapping time? Would I need the ProECU Cable?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
If I've just had the car mapped at Litchfields would I be able to get the update or does the car need mapping time? Would I need the ProECU Cable?
Iain usually sends out updates, I think. But in order to upload a map to the car, you'll be needing the ProECU cable.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That's all well and great, but by the time you've done all that you'd be further down the road if you'd have just floored it in the traditional way?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That's all well and great, but by the time you've done all that you'd be further down the road if you'd have just floored it in the traditional way?
If you're having a rolling-race with someone, then no...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Not really as the steps state:

Set the ECU to a mapswitch mode that has the feature enabled.
Manually select the gear you want to launch/run in.
Optionally turn off factory traction control.
Drive the vehicle at your roll speed, switch on the cruise control and set it.
Floor the accelerator pedal to activate the feature (ECU will retard timing to build boost, cruise control will continue to hold the speed).
Press the cancel button to turn off the cruise control, car will launch.
In reality you'd already probably have most of that set-up so it's really just:

Manually select the gear you want to launch/run in.
Drive the vehicle at your roll speed, switch on the cruise control and set it.
Floor the accelerator pedal to activate the feature (ECU will retard timing to build boost, cruise control will continue to hold the speed).
Press the cancel button to turn off the cruise control, car will launch.

So going along, shift to whatever gear and activate cruise control (takes what 1-2 secs) accelerate and push cruise control button.

I can't see it really taking more than 2-3 seconds to deploy.

Perfect for those specs 40mph zones, cruise control on.... END OF SPECS ZONE

BOOOOOOOOOOOST only to 70mph of course :cool:

·
Registered
754 Posts
A bona fide use for EcuTek rolling launch Andy, classic.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
A bona fide use for EcuTek rolling launch Andy, classic.

Protegimus
Hear hear, that battered old Audi A3 Diesel parked in your boot (why is it always a man in a battered old Audi A3 that has somewhere so much more vital to be than anyone else?) won't know what happened. Or, to be fair, be able to see because of all the black smoke over him. With that and the noise he will think it is D Day....

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Any idea when Phase 4 is out, are we talking days, weeks or months here?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Any idea when Phase 4 is out, are we talking days, weeks or months here?
It's out now. Just need to wait for Iain to get around to updating the maps.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
It's out now. Just need to wait for Iain to get around to updating the maps.
Great looking forward to giving it a go, there is a pesky highly tuned Type R around here who thinks he's a bit of a lad....

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Great looking forward to giving it a go, there is a pesky highly tuned Type R around here who thinks he's a bit of a lad....
You won't gain anymore power from a Phase 4 map, dude. Just go out and blat him now :D

In saying that, though, the Rolling Launch will help you completely annihilate him :D

21 - 39 of 39 Posts