GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hi Lewis,

This has been a topic of conversation last few days. Joe, Merv and ourselves have been in communication as a few people have been wanting to switch

sorry to say an AccessPORT will not be able to just flashed over the EcuTeK map as it is locked with a modified loader code stopping C3 and other flashing/writing/reading. when we last tried in 2010 the flash killed the ecu and needed to be removed & bench flashed.

The only option is an EcuTeK dealer will need to put your oem rom back on, or as SVM have been doing removing the ecu and sending to EcuTek to unlock.

Obviously i can understand EcuTek's view of needing to protect themselves, but doesn't always leave the end user in best situation if they want the choice to remove as & when, especially if a GT-R goes overseas as alot do.

Release of their cable would be ideal then it would be like the AccessPORT :)

The same happened with the scoobies but Cobb-EcuTek came to an agreement i believe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A GTR turned up here in Trinidad with an ecutek map locked which the owner was stuck with, mapped for uk octane. Not much good for our local crap fuel & temps.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Precisely the reason I went Cobb. I prefer to be in control of my own car, and to have the ability to do things like load a new TCM map and do a clutch learn at my leisure.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Hi Jurgen,

Shaun called us earlier and I think he is going to bring the car down. We have a couple of things we can try which should fix it but at least it will prove what the previous owner had it programmed with and what needs to be done.

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hi Jurgen,

Shaun called us earlier and I think he is going to bring the car down. We have a couple of things we can try which should fix it but at least it will prove what the previous owner had it programmed with and what needs to be done.

Regards

Iain
I was referring more for Lewis car as his is 100% ecutek,.

Ryan already tried with ecutek software to remove and could not do shauns car.

The only option is to remove ecu.

The cheapest and most convenient way is to do this here and post out.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
We have some extra Beta software that will be able to help if it is Ecutek, unfortunatly it would require us to have the car so we can go in through the OBD port. If this is a problem I can speak to Ecutek. Give me a call when you have a moment.

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I was referring more for Lewis car as his is 100% ecutek,.

Ryan already tried with ecutek software to remove and could not do shauns car.

The only option is to remove ecu.

The cheapest and most convenient way is to do this here and post out.
It might be best if Lewis speaks to his original tuner and ask for what needs to be done, i think its only fair to let any tuner have the chance to tweek. AccessPORT wise can be fairly regular updates / tweaks owners didn't ask for originally or what couldn't be done on the day where ever logging took place. Or if Lewis defo wants to go on Cobb when maybe a oem flash and refund would be fair just as we would give a refund to anyone not happy, within a reasonable time frame.

Personally think, sounds like Shaun has an AccessPORT flash with missing AP so might need benching

1 - 20 of 25 Posts