GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm needing to get some work done, basicly an exhaust install with catless downpipes and injector upgrade, I'm running ecutek right now which came from Litchfield, I would rather not go all the way to Litchfield for this work as its quite a long way, does anyone know what the options are with getting another Master tuner to do the work? Will I lose Litchfields custom maps, e.g Litchfield traction control and pop and bang map?

Cheers
Matt

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
You'd have to go back to Litchfield or pay another tuner £250+ to map the car and then you'd be tied to that tuner.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
You will need a remap regardless of who you use as you are changing downpipes and injectors.

As suggested, speak to Andy at AC Speedtech. What he doesnt know isnt worth knowing, and he's a good chap as well

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the cable, I am using AC Speedtech, he impressed me when I saw him last and I don't fancy the long trip to Litchfields again, been twice in a month now.

If I remember correctly I think Iain might of mentioned being able to do it remotely for me, I will phone tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
You'd have to go back to Litchfield or pay another tuner £250+ to map the car and then you'd be tied to that tuner.
You would need to pay Litchfields £250 anyway if you're doing a big change like that.

They'll update to latest software etc free of charge but if you jump to a new stage etc then you'll need a whole new tune, not just tweaks and that costs.

Tbh if it were me I'd get a cable ( comes in handy anyway) and get a remote map done by Litchfields.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi

I'm needing to get some work done, basicly an exhaust install with catless downpipes and injector upgrade, I'm running ecutek right now which came from Litchfield, I would rather not go all the way to Litchfield for this work as its quite a long way, does anyone know what the options are with getting another Master tuner to do the work? Will I lose Litchfields custom maps, e.g Litchfield traction control and pop and bang map?

Cheers
Matt
RS Tuning in Leeds. Give them a shout :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts