GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i got the car i put on 4 new Toyo Proxes TS1's, Great tyres,one small drawback, i have now done about six thousand miles on them and the front tyres are worn bald on the inner shoulder! I knew the car would go thru tyres quick but that is just stupid. I take it my tracking must be out? If so will my local ATS be able to sort it? I need help before I have to bulk buy Toyos!!!!!!:D

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
To have even wear rotate your tyres every 5000 kms(~3000miles). Its the camber settings that eat the tyres! Quite normal...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
So do the rear ones not do this?

Presumably you're still going to kill a set of tyres in 10000 miles due to this?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I presume the fronts are illegal now as the tread has gone completely on the shoulders, the rears are fine. You can not tell me I have gone thru a set of front tyres in 6k miles(no track days,just driving to work every day) Holy crappola! and I thought my old subaru was bad on tyres:(

·
Registered
162 Posts
tyre wear

When I first got my R33 the front tyres suffered the same fate as described. Soon after I got the car I lowered it with Trust springs from Tim at SVS and fitted 18in nismos and new tyres. Obviously I was more than a bit worried that my new tyres would go the same way as the old ones. Tim at SVS supplied me with settings for the suspension angles to suit the lowered car, result car handled great, looked great and tyres no longer shot on inside edges, at least nothing like they were prior to mods. And no sorry i've looked and I can't find the settings but whatever they were they worked.

Vernon

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I hope you can find Toyo's to replace them with, I know I couldn't get them earlier this month.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I hope you can find Toyo's to replace them with, I know I couldn't get them earlier this month.

·
Registered
201 Posts
12000 miles on Continentals and still going

Mine seem to going fine - although most of the mileage is Motorway so no real stress on the tyres. I'm sure they'd go faster if I could drive it a bit harder - at least my lack of driving ability saves on tyres ;-)

Cheers

Iain

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
tyres

wear on the inners on both the front and back...
and it is accentutaed if the car is on lowered springs.
I am off to the garage services today to get them swapped from left to right front and rear as they are directional.
I put some new rears on about 3k ago and noticed that the inner tread is wearing.
As dcd said you need to sawp them and you will get much longer life.
The contis are very hard as well so likely to weat less. Grip is shite in the wet tho and not my ideal choice.

NLW

·
Registered
201 Posts
True grip ain't great but

they only cost me £85 each so not that fussed.

I think autocar or someone rated them fairly well - but they do grip less than the Falkens I had on before. Admittedly the Falkens were essentially slicks on the rear by the time they were replaced so dry grip was great ;-).

Cheers

Iain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts