GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Middlehurst today to find out how much replacement discs are for the R34

£500+VAT EACH .. Sod that !

Today I am mostly searching for an AP 6-pot kit for immediate delivery.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
geeza

bonjour,

if you are doing all the hard work today on finding the cheapest AP kit, would be interesting to post up here as this is a kit most of us think about changing to and there does seem to be some differing prices around.

If not, at least PM me with the cheapest you found as I do want some for my car.

Thanks and keep sliding

Dirk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
6 pots

I'm sure guys that there was some discusion on these before with prices as well . Do a search or meybe Peter E can get them cheaper for you guys especilly if you buy 2 sets. DO throw away those pads that come with them and buy either DS2500 or Mines pads (c.£650) .I believe Shin has a set available .

Dirk . Why do you want a set ?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
AP 6 pots.

I agree with Paul AP 6 pots are the way forward indeed and certainly throw those suppllied pads away they are so naff!

DS 2500's or 3000's in Mr Browns case (i've seen some of your track day vids) ;)

Shin does not have those spare Carbon met Mines pads anymore sorry chaps! :D

...Ian

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I need them ASAP because I have a track day on Saturday.

HiTeq / SEParts couldn't get any for 6 weeks (yipes)

Abbey could get some for Thursday (delivered to me on Friday).. which is cutting it fine and £1825 + VAT for the 356mm kit (inc DS2500)

Middlehurst had the 343mm kit in stock and could courier them to me overnight for £1550 + VAT (inc a set of DS2500)

Not the cheapest, or necessarily the most ideal, but given the time constraints they were the best solution.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I called Demon tweeks, 01978 664466 who quoted £2037 inc vat, 6pot front 4 pot rear kit for the R34, seven days (don't keep in stock), I was interested to know the price, as this is the one of the sets, I could go for on mine just see if the discs are large enough :) they are always good for a ball park figure, sometimes they even turn out to be the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Pads!

David you most certainly need the DS2500's if not the 3000's which I hear are the dogs on track!

Crazy market when you can't aproach AP direct but still no one has got the 6 pot kit on the shelf ready to go?!?

..Ian

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
brake use

Paul , why do I want a set?, Hmmm, let me think, I can see your next reply being ' you dont go fast enough for those brakes' so have to think carefully about what I say.....

oh, ok then, have it your way.... I want some cos my car is more powerful and I want to stop it.

( especially when I get some fool in a Silver Shite R34 spinning out on trackdays, I need good anchors. )

Come on then, send the reply......

Dirk
;) :smokin: :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting stuff Simon, though I guess you'd have to add £200 or thereabouts to the price to get some (decent) pads to go with it. (assuming they were quoting you for the kit inc. AP pads)

There's been much talk about a 4-pot rear conversion, I'd be interested to hear people's views on how successful they are (do the rears need uprating ?)

hehe, I'm also surprised that Demon Thieves had even heard of a Skyline given my past experience with them !

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes, I did have to use the line, I seen the kit on the Ap web site, yes, it does exist:D

If you are going for the upgrade you may as well do both you can never have too much stopping power, if you go to serious power as well, saves you doing at a later date.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
AP 6 front and AP 4 rears are very possible. I have seen 2 R34 with this set up and the JUN R33 last week. It also had the optional brake-bias adjuster in the car. Here is a pic of the rear wheel/brake combination. Seemed to stop pretty well:smokin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
geezajob,

The more I think about it, the more i think that price is for he fronts only, I asked for the whole kit, but that's too cheap, especially for Demon.

Yep, I was right, just called them back, that is the kit for front only, even though i asked for both,(muppets have selective hearing), so it really isn't that cheap £1733+vat=£2037, middlehurst definitley the best option. He now thinks no one does a rear brake kit (hmmmmm:confused: ) Funny that [email protected] would do the 4 pot Ap rear brakes then. I wonder who is right? Not.

sorry for getting your hopes up :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Keeping my AP 6 Pot Calipers from my Scoob and to change to the Skyline it is going to cost me:

£432.00 For the discs
£340.oo for the belts
£118.00 for the brackets

I understand Apexi do a compatibale disc / rotor in Jap for 6800 JPY.

Just another option if you buy the calipers seperately.

SJD

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a followup..

I'm now told that Abbey do have a 343mm kit in stock (they had only mentioned the 362mm to me when I asked about a 6-pot upgrade - (which I accidentally called a 356mm kit))

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I can sell you the front kits for £1448.65 plus delivery and VAT. If you want me to find out delivery times please let me know and I'll find out tomorrow for you. If I can get a group order of 5 going I can do them for £1372.41 plus delivery and VAT.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've already ordered mine Paul, but for clarification, does that price include a set of DS2500s ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The last kits I had in for the Supra came with carbon metallic Performance Friction pads. Personally I wouldn't use them, I fit Porterfield R4S(street) pads for road use and R4 (race) pads for when I do track days, these pads are the daddies and I'm the UK dealer for them. I personally wouldn't use anything else on the track or road and I've tested quite a few over the last couple of years on my Supra whicih is pretty similar in terms of power and weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts