GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I see most people running around 800 in the hybrid versions into std manifolds. The log manifolds give a good bit more but are quite a bit more expensive.
ive not been in a Gtr with them on but have been in another car and there great.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Got the car 11 months ago . Said i was only going to do the y pipe and thats it. Now its 4 1/2 with a 102 exhaust and big intercooler. Just got it mapped and its awesome. Then those bloody efr.s popped up for sale....

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
For 800bhp they are perfect and in the stock housing no problem either.

Spool is very very good to the extent that you could bolt a pair to a stock car and run 600bhp and it not feel bad.

Then you have the benefit that as you do other reinforcing mods you can turn them up accordingly maxing out around 900bhp I guess.

I run the 7663 which are a fair bit bigger. Not many seem to run these but for what they can do, the spool is very good. Boost from v low revs and fully on song by 4k, holding decent torque to over 8k rpm.

The only thing that would make me question the efrs for you is the new G25 and G30 garret that have recently launched. They look like a genuine competitor, if not successor to the Efrs

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Cool. Got the car 11 months ago . Said i was only going to do the y pipe and thats it. Now its 4 1/2 with a 102 exhaust and big intercooler. Just got it mapped and its awesome. Then those bloody efr.s popped up for sale....
If you get used ones I would factor in the cost of getting them refurbished / serviced. Efr refurb isn't cheap. Service is probably a few hundred quid

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Stock engine just rods and pistons changed, svm stage 6 gt30 turbos, 102mm exhaust and whifbitz intercooler kit
Full boost 3500 rpm
1.5 bar v power 840 hp
1.7 bar e50 960 hp

V power dyno plot

I would expect small efr turbos to be full boost below 3500 rpm

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You can have litchfields do them through turbo dynamics or you an go straight to turbo technics, tt were rough £3250 plus vat with you supplying donor turbo’s.

I think labour wise to fit them through litchfields was £1250 then there’s a little mapping to add, probably end up been 6k by the time you finish.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
  1. Just because a turbo is second hand does not mean it needs to be rebuilt
Indeed. I have used second hand turbos before without issue.

However, I also know labour is a big chunk of cash and there are few things more depressing than fitted used turbos only for them to smoke or leak from the off.

Refreshing turbos before they are fitted is a sensible approach

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If your set on using uprated turbo’s fit new, it’s not worth the hassle and cost on removing the engine again Should there be any issues.

I would get a turnaround time to have yours modified and besides that find some used ones in case your housings have any cracks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I decided to buy the efr 6758 turbos, done less than 3ooo miles and were brand new from turbo tecnics, im going to have a go at fitting them myself when I get bored of the current power . not looking to tear the engine down so ill keep the torque capped sensibly. should see another 100 hp

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. Im getting the turbo intakes and fuel pump system off him too. Think thats all I'll need . Only thing i noticed about the turbos is that the actuator pipe comes off the side instead of the end.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I did enquire myself but got loads of car stuff happening so had to refrain myself on this occasion.

I was really looking for 6258’s but there hard to find, might have to get new ones.

·
Registered
184 Posts
well I decided to buy the efr 6758 turbos, done less than 3ooo miles and were brand new from turbo tecnics, im going to have a go at fitting them myself when I get bored of the current power . not looking to tear the engine down so ill keep the torque capped sensibly. should see another 100 hp
These are the turbos I had originally done by TT. They was the first set they had ever done, changed direction with my build so never had them fitted and sold to Rob along with the pumps and boost logic inlets. You won’t go far wrong with these, I currently run 6758’s on litcho manifolds and maxed them out just over 4 figures on a built 3.8 so they make good power with the right supporting mods. Switching to the new G30 garrets shortly for more power using a 4.6 stroker when litchfield have finished the turbo kit

1 - 20 of 25 Posts