GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found in Auto Trader....

2000 NISSAN SKYLINE GT-S 2.6 Twin Turbo 2dr Coupe
nissan skyline gts2st full climate control,alloys,cd player,four wheel steer,new battery,a stunning low milage jap super car. 69000 miles. £9600.

why would a 2000 car need a new battery ?
why does a GTS have twin turbos ?
why does a GTS have a 2.6 litre engine ?

I may have to give this bloke a ring...

hehehe
Steve

·
Registered
520 Posts
Could have been added using the web interface on the Autotrader site. It tries to be clever and keeps models / years etc of each make of car, and lists them in a drop down box. My betting is that it only lists the GTR model under Skyline, and only shows the years that the official UK cars were sold.

i.e.

Probably some one typed in the NISSAN SKYLINE GTS bit themseves, the "Twin Turbo 2 Door Coupe" was the only choice available in the drop down, and there wasn't a year early enough for this car as the uk cars didn't start until 97(?).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno mate,

The chap selling it said it is a 1995 gts with a 2.5 litre engine and then said it was exactly the same as a GTR. I pointed out I have a 96 GTR Vspec and he didn't really say much after that.

And here I was thinking it would be a scorned wife selling an R34 on her misbehaving husbands behalf...:D :D

oh well.
/Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
This seems to happen a lot on Auto Trader and Loot. Cars that are advertised as GT-R's turn out to be nothing of the sort.

I have seen 2 litre "GT-R's" for sale:p

Rick

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
autotrader mistake

Its definately an autotrader thing, my car was listed as a 2002 32 GTR !!!
I had more phonecalls from people pointing out that it couldn`t possibly be an R32 than anything else!!
jas

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
They are also know as "lost leaders" where you ring up about one car and then finnd that is turns out to be a competely different animal !!! Well err car that is !!!

Also, you are correct about the "clever" software trying to assist as does this predictive spelling and corrective stuff on my mobile phone AAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh HATE IT !!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dumb ass Garage bodders dont know what they are going on about is all!!!

When I bought Mine the garage didnt advertise it as a GTS4, just a GTS with two turbos @ 2.7 Litres!!!! I think that says it all!!! At least I got the car cheap though!!!!

Si

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Rick said:
This seems to happen a lot on Auto Trader and Loot. Cars that are advertised as GT-R's turn out to be nothing of the sort.

I have seen 2 litre "GT-R's" for sale:p

Rick
Rick..........2.0L GT-R do exist..........don't forget about the PGC10, KPGC10 and KPGC110.

Jeff

·
Registered
171 Posts
If its an import the basic hpi that the trader uses comes up with the date of first registration ie when it was imported!

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts