GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Mann (who has organised the Top 10 Shootout for August) asked me to let you all know about the following event.

Thursday 30th may
Elvington airfield near york
10am start, £70 per car to take part, including grub/tea n coffee at lunch

Timed 1/4 mile drag runs head to head, with single car 1.25 mile
timed top speed trap.

Open to anyone, regardless, turn up on the day. passenger rides
allowed, spectating allowed, you will have access to the full 2 mile
runways which are flat, clean and major fun!

If you want to go, please email Chris directly on

[email protected]

PS There will probably be very few cars there being midweek, so you will get a great chance to have lots of time playing on a massive 2 mile+ runway.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cheers Guy
would just like to encourage some decent cars to come, yes its midweek, but its the only day left this season for a test day before the top ten shootout in august, where the timing gear and full runway is in use.
as mentioned, passenger rides are fine, use of your own timing gear is fine, video cameras etc, whatever. there will be a couple of good bikes also doing top speed runs, best last time was 166mph at 1.25miles (ZZR 1100) with an 11.7s 1/4.
the timing gear will be set at 1/4 and 1.5 miles, but you will be able to use the full 2 miles on the run.
email me direct if attending
thanks
chris m

·
Registered
238 Posts
cheers dave
yes its 23rd may, only date left for a test there

full 2 mile runway for playing on.

head to head timed drag runs if we get enough cars interested, plus speed trap at 1.2 to 1.5miles

may do a running start from entry bend (ie 50-80mph going through start of timed mile !) at end of the day.

email me direct if taking part please
cheers

chris
ps guy- confirmed all skyline entrants paid up for top ten shootout.

hopefully you have a few reserves sorted to fill in, should the worst happen , as i cant refund monies after june for that one.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It would be nice to know who else is going.
Can you put a list up please...

John

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi
we have a few nice cars from 200 plus coming along, and a genuine 500bhp (engine dynoed) cossy RS 500, plus a couple of others off here who emailed me. there will also be some big sports bikes running as well, hyabusas, ZZrs etc.
im trying to get a few more peeps interested but i think the thursday is a prob for some
please pass it onto anyone you think may be keen, its a brilliant venue and a great chance to fully open your car up to its limits, or to scare a few passengers!
email me direct to confirm if attending
cheers
chris
ps 10am start 23rd may

·
Registered
637 Posts
Cheers Chris,

Well, I'm still up for this one, providing my car is ready, but I don't see any problems at this stage.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts