GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if any of you are interested, but a Track Day is organised at Elvington Airfield on Saturday 2nd March by the TVR CC so it will be marshalled, etc. in accordance to the usual TVR CC track day safety standards.

There are already a couple of Scoobies, an EVO and a couple of Lotus's coming, but it would good if any of our guys are interested, to see something a bit different. And maybe show
the TVR boys what a proper 4 wheel drift should look like (Tiff seems to be good at it on Top Gear)

Loads of track time is guaranteed. The track will be a 4 mile oval with two 2 mile straights, enough runway to max out your car in safety, and go home with your licence intact.

There will be a nominal fee of £5 for entry as a spectator and to view the concourse.

Helmets must be BS6658-85 type A (or A/FR) or Snell SA90 or as approved. Your normal road insurance may not be valid whilst on the circuit. Check with your broker. The TVR CC strongly recommends that all vehicles have on circuit fully comprehensive insurance.
And there is no noise limit for those of you with sports exhausts :D

Entry fee for the track day is £60.00, there may also be a small balance to pay on the day of around £10 to £20 depending on the number of entrants. But hopefully this wont be necessary.

Email Garry at [email protected]

Cheers

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Oh Dear

I must be losing me grasp of the english language. Probably age related:( .

Well I've read me post again and it sounds fine to me :) .

OK right here we go. Is their going to be any timing equipment on the straights to record some top speeds because being a 4 mile oval with 2 mile straights then some 'high top speeds' would hopefully be reached with the run up available ?? Now that sounds more confusing to me :D .

Hope that clarify's it for you's.

Mind you it seems a funny track day having an oval ??

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
234 Posts
Elvington

I'm going to this by the way and got a nice email from Garry of TVR CC saying he'd welcome a couple more skylines. One of my friends was at elvington a couple of weeks ago and said that the service was OK (a bit dirty early on though). Any other northern skylines fancy it? In fact, are there any other northern skylines??:confused: ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Timing question

FYI:-

There won't be any timing gear at the day. Most people's insurance only covers them for non-competitive events, so timing is out.

But if you happen to have your own kit, and nobody knows about it, then that's up to you :)

Can't guarantee what the marshals will think.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Timing

Joss.

Didn't mean for lap times as then this is dodgy, just perhaps a radar gun or something on one of the straights considering the top speeds that may be achieved. Especially when you said it has 2 mile straights with it sounds like a very good run onto 'em.

glen

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apparently

one or two of the TVR guys are a bit worried about
getting a whippin' from a Skyline :)

I know what you mean about the timing gear, but they are bringing none ... but if you have an MFD upgrade you can use the lap timer and datalogger to work it out, and Guy's got the GPS jobbie :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
as mentioned previously, we are having a day there in sept/early october, with same runway, plus speed trap, 1/4 mile drag timing etc.
cost will be £60 or less depending on no. of cars, certainly no more than that. there is room for around 10-20 skylien owners if interested?
Guy R has already been asked to invite any skyline owners who are up for it, some of our own club members skylines will be there also.
we use an affiliated event organiser , entry payment on the day covers you for being at an event with speed trap use etc etc.
your own insurance is unlikely to cover you for any trackdays even if non-timed/speed trapped anyway, and certainly you should invest in additional cover throguh normal channels if at all worried on any events.

rgds
chris m

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got this E-mail this morning

We are still looking for any more who are interested in the track day at Elvington airfield on the 2nd March. We have managed to secure the full 4 mile oval, which I believe no other track day organisation has managed in the past. This consists of two 2 mile straights with fast hairpins at either end. This gives enough room to really open up your car in a safe, police free environment. Speeds in excess of 180mph are achievable given the right
machinery.

The day will be fully marshalled with ambulance/paramedic on site and will be run in accordance with the TVR Car Club Track Day rules.

We should have a good selection of TVR, Ferrari, Lotus EVO, Impreza and so far the one Skyline to scare the TVR's, in attendance already but do need a good few more attendees. Any one who is interested in coming, drop me an
email at [email protected]

If there are any more of your guys who are interested in coming, it will be good to see them.

Regards,

Garry Foster
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I will be there Joss, but..

with my mate in his tuned Cerbera. should reach some serious speeds in that thing.
See you there.
Nick

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm interested in attending with my R34 Skyline

(and if you've got space for a Supercharged Exige I can keep the Lotus side of things going too !)

Where do I sign ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I sent an E-mail to Garry, but haven't heard anything back.

Would be nice to know if I can attend, otherwise I'm off to Anglesey with Bookatrack that day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts