GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that in the end it has got rained off... :(

Also heard that Chris Mann Has crashed his car... Hope you are ok Chris...

And a few other casualties which included a Rover 600 rearending the 400BHP Maestro... Not good for the 200+ Club...

Hope everyone is alright and only a few spirits borken...

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi
yeah i killed it big style unfortunately, hit some standing water on a sharp lefthander and the car slid straight across the centre line wiping out a civic coming the other way.

two elderly people in civic taken to hospital, luckily just shock and bruising, i have a sore neck n back and cuts alll over my hand- the glass t bar roof panels exploded and covered me in glass.

i then rang andy to tell him (418bhp maestro), and as he pulled up into elvington another club member didnt, rammed his car and looks to have bent the shell.

plus the event was pulled at 1pm due to gale force winds, so thanks anyway to those who came, you can re-use your tickest at the next event 17th nov there, or next year. i will post some dates up on here when i know them.
there were some good times posted on the 1/4s even in the wet, a couple of cars got mid 12s. unfortunately the gale force winds turned up and kept destroying the timing gear and made it unsafe at the top end, hence pulling plug.

if it had stayed with just lighter winds and rain it wouldnt have been a problem.

anyway, heres to next year now!
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Glad to hear you are not seriously hurt Chris - sounds like conditions were pretty aweful.

Sounds like the "speed season" has finally ended for 2002 !

Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
Unlucky Chris!Glad to hear everyone is OK.

Todays weather was bad,I`m looking forward to next year already.

Henry.:(

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear you are ok chris... sounds like the rover is pretty mangled though...:( There are a few nice skylines for sale around you know... ;)... :p

·
Registered
238 Posts
many thanks!

to all for the kind words and messages/phone calls etc.

not yet decided what to do car wise, nicked the girlys micra for now (!!!), and yes its terrible.

would love a skyline as u know, but not yet anywhere near having enough funds to do so, but at some point will get my hands on one!

at least its now winter and time for a break!

see you all v soon!
rgds
chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts