GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Draxx and Co,
Just to let you GTS boys know that you can have fun in a 4 door gts non turbo at a track day(Even though everyone was going past me!!). I have pics to show for it. Just get out there and have a great time, well worth it.

PaulP.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,
Tried to download some but my PC is so slow, but will try!.

I bet you can't wait now for yours, I bet everyday is about 42 hours long!!!!!.

PaulP.

You'll love it!.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt,
Enjoy the trip down and the one back, And the washing and cleaning of the car for the next few days after.! Get a decent alarm put on it straight away.
Paul

·
Registered
520 Posts
Certainly was an excellent day, nice to meet you Paul.

It was my first track/airfield day and I was really amazed out both how quick (and lethal) my car was. Even with a complete moron behind the wheel. :D

After a couple of excursions onto the infield while trying to emulate David Brown's sideways antics, I took a ride with man himself to see how it was done. Very impressive, thanks for the ride David. :)

I think I need some driver training, any recommendations?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Simon,
Nice to meet you also, nice to put a face to the name, Your car certainly sound, looked and went like a true piece of serious kit. I am sure you were more than happy with your day, Look forward to seeing you at ameet sometime, try and get down to the Gaydon meet in July.

PaulP.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
had a great day there. I didnt introduce myself to you Simon....sorry!! your car sounded great. And that guy in the cossie was brilliant to watch..

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Trackdays

Glad you enjoyed it chaps.

They are bloody addictive aren't they ?

Tiger.

What was brilliant to watch? The Cossie or the guy ? :D :p

Did you have a go on the track too ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi!
how did you all fare for tyres? quite abrasive there isnt it!

i managed to destroy a set in 3 sessions last time we were there for a full trackday!

just one word of caution, it is possible to flip your car even on these aifield days, as one of our members from yorkshire found out last month at elvington, he hit the grass sideways, the wheels dug in and his M3 convert rolled and was written off.
(passenger sustained a chipped bone in neck, luckily ok)

sounds like you all enjoyed it!
rgds
chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts