GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I apply this emblem? I'm thick, I know, but peeling the backing off will just leave me with a handful of letters. The top isn't particularly sticky, I kinda doubt it'll hold the letters in place. Is that triangular thing at the top of the paper meant to assist application in some way?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, there's a plastic layer on top of the letters, but it's not very sticky...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Put a tape on the front and pull of the paper from the sticky side:smokin:

·
Registered
919 Posts
the top layer is there to hold the letters in place while you apply it to the car, so pull the back sticky layer off, then place on car, then pull front layer off(while pressing slightly on letters and it should work..
Just make sure its level ;)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other "trick" sort of way to apply the emblem. Thanks!

I suppose if the top layer doesn't feel secure, I'll use clear packing tape.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I've done this not long ago

As the others have said, peel off the backing, and then stick the badge wherever you want, and push the badge to stick firmly with the clear tape on the front. Once you are happy just peel off the front clear tape. The cleap tape on the front is pretty sturdy TBH. If your not totally confident, only peel off the backing slightly and then, align the badge, and then slowly peel off the rest, if you get what i mean.

The triangle notch is there to align the badge, i.e. where its supposed to be so it looks factory spec, but this will only work for the R34, as the badge is from a R34.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, it worked a treat, the front clear stuff is a lot stickier than I thought it'd be. Nissan didn't make any Nur-spec R32s, but there's one badged as one now :p

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
yep, it worked a treat, the front clear stuff is a lot stickier than I thought it'd be. Nissan didn't make any Nur-spec R32s, but there's one badged as one now :p
I think Mines did...!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts