GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Happy times are here again!!!

A miracleous recovery has taken place.....My R32 is out of her coma, has eaten a vindaloo, and wants to sprint a marathon, all thanks to Dr Tony & Mark at the Abbey Motorsport clinic.
Infact so well she's having new downpipes in celebration.
Just a simple tweak and the coma was broken
Those who have been following the story will know that on my way back from the Goodwood Festival of Speed last Friday the car died twice on the motorway on the way back, and then totally on Saturday.
This all happened after I dropped a friend off at Wokingham station. The problem was found to be a loose solenoid switch and earthing point for the fuel pump. This is placed under the parcel shelf in the boot. My "Friend" took with him to Goodwood what seemed like the whole of his local Jessops cammera shop in a rucksack!!!! I think on the way back, as he had bought a few things at the show and made the rucksack even bigger, it had been squeezed in the boot and rubbed up against the solenoid causing it to dislodge:mad:
- so all you R32's be careful you don't overload your boot as there seems to be quite alot to disturb under the parcel shelf -
Alls well that ends well
All this fuss seems a bit silly now, but when such a sophisticated car 'dies' on you, your bank managers heart does tend to miss a beat or two! In just over 4 years of ownership this is the first time I've been let down. Not bad for a 10 year old car really. However I also think its testement to the fact that its serviced REGULARLY and from day one by Abbey. Make of that what you will. I'd just like to thank Tony, Mark and the team at Abbey for their patience and skill. Unlike some establishments I've heard about, they treat everyone the same, no matter how much they spend.... an attribute to be applauded I think.
Here endeth the lesson!!!
oh BTW does anyone know what a difference changing the downpipes does to the feel/performance?????
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
miracle recovery

Excellent News. Thanks for the advice. Will check mine tomorrow and make sure that it cannot get disturbed.:smokin:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Downpipes

That must have been a relief :)

I have found downpipes on the 32 and 33 to be one of the best little upgrades I did :D made it more torquey and altogether better :) especially when coupled with a good exhaust.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Congrats Wreostar.

Well close shave there Wroestar. :)

I though you had done your down pipes:confused:

I changed mine at the same time as binning the complete standard exhaust, so don't know the specific diferance it made.

Maybe you can tell us. :p What I do know and have seen on my brothers Scooby, it helps to reduce the back pressure letting things spin up that little bit quicker. It is noticable.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts