GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my nct this morning(eqiv of mot)

My car passed everything except the HC part of the emissions test.The limit is 750ppms.My car was [email protected] rpm..

Any body have any ideas how to get this down..?i was half thinking of mixing in some e85 bio fuel in with normal petrol and potter in off boost for the retest to reduce the ppm count..would this work????

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
if you have a power fc you can alter it to make it run lean for the test ...best speaking to one of the tuners on here for advice on that aspect ..

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
do you still have a cat? I had a motor that would not pass the test also. Mot guy told me to take it out and give some shit . Took it back cooking and it passed easy after !

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont have a cat but i dont think it would make a difference as it passed on the CO and lambda sections of the emissions.

The Hc(hydrocarbons) is the part it failed on.Im after finding some info about a substance that can reduce Hc emissions by up to 60percent..!Its called acedone..im going to mix a tiny amount in with my normal fuel,clean out the exhaust,roast the car going into the nct and hope for the best..

·
Registered
433 Posts
strange that you failed on HC.When I had my NCT last year I failed on CO and my HC count was minimal.
The results were as follows(goes to find test sheet):
Low idle(660rpm):CO 1.04% Above 0.5%=fail
HO 0ppm Above 0=fail

High idle(3230rpm):CO 0.93% Above 0.3%=fail
HO 77ppm Above 200=fail
Lambda 1.067 must be between 0.97 & 1.03

Engine Temp 85C
Also the car has no cat.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i think its down to the way the car is running on idle..iv got tomei cams,pulleys etc.It runs kinda lumpy on idle.I reakon its the cause of my high hc count.Im going to try this acedone stuff and hope for the best.Il report back if it does!

Thanks for the help:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
acedone is what chicks use to clean up nail polish from their nails:p

how come your idle is lumpy, i thought tomei cams could get away with smooth idle

i remember seeing special additives just for this purpose. can't remember what they were but its something to look into if it fails again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts