GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I can see it happening as fallout of all this Covid stuff. There's also rumours of Renault stopping the Alpine.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Hmm, it's tricky. R36 has been talked about for so long but still nothing tangible for us to see in the flesh. It would be a a real shame if Nissan don't produce any decent sports cars going forward. But I think it would be even worse, if they brought out an R36 that was rubbish. Maybe they simply set the bar too high back in 2006/7 and now they can't find a way to do it again 15 years later??? Sad, but maybe true

·
Registered
25,440 Posts
They will continue to support in Japan but probably not the euro market.

despite everyone having the passion.

nissan only make money really on new car sales. who is buying new GT-Rs vs those used.

c-19 and everything else on the horizon, most people in UK living month to month.

There is no R36 anytime soon, and it will be way more expensive even when it arrives than the current model

the anniversary edition is essentially the run out model i would assume

its a really really old platform

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
They will do more special editions yet I think, but the sad fact is we might not get them in the UK (or even EU).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the time of my visit to the GT-R engine plant, Oct 2018, they were building one engine per day. And since then US sales of both Rs and Zs have slumped.
Back to the days of buying Imports only....

·
Registered
25,440 Posts
At the time of my visit to the GT-R engine plant, Oct 2018, they were building one engine per day. And since then US sales of both Rs and Zs have slumped.
Back to the days of buying Imports only....
The GT-R is still the halo car, but the company itself is (like all japanese manufacturers) in a bit of a pickle.

i am sure they will continue the GT-R but without a new refresh you are essentially just paying for new aero kit with late model changes

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Before all of the "Kung-Flu" Zombie Apocalypse $h1te kicked off, All mainstream Global Motor Manufacturers were truly struggling to get required sales for the previous Vehicles they'd already produced.

Lest We forget that Diesel-Gate had affected VW/Audi way more than people realise, Nissan/Renault hit a brick wall thanks mostly due to the Ghosen scandal. GM regularly flirts with Bankruptcy, That's Why Vauxhall/Opel was sold to the French. Toyota Builds machines with duff transmissions and some Diesels which won't work for long before stripping their Owners of all the Cash they have. Ford builds stuff which catches fire too frequently for most Peoples liking or either won't protect You sufficiently in a Serious Crash. Talking of Crashes, Is this a good time to mention Jeep and the many other unreliable over priced Chrysler products? Plus BMW and Mercedes has taken a huge nose dive in perceived luxurious quality status thanks largely to the Americans who've been boned by paying massive repair bills for seriously shocking unreliable products!

Toyota and Ford ended Vehicle production in Australia long before Holden was also shafted by GM USA who forced them to close Shop forever. IMHO the down-turn from "Corona-Chan" outbreak will ONLY continue to be the death spiral of many of these well known Car Brands (and Iconic Models) that we all know and love, but that are simply not economically viable anymore.

I spoke to G-Zilla last Year about this exact Topic regarding the dire state of the Motor Industry and predicted to Him that in the Future, It would be Korean plus some Chinese Manufacturers Who'll be the only ones left with sufficient Capital available that will be in control of the Global Car Market.....

Get used to those Hyundai's, Kia's and Dong-Feng Motors Folks!:oops:

JM2PW!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Before all of the "Kung-Flu" Zombie Apocalypse $h1te kicked off, All mainstream Global Motor Manufacturers were truly struggling to get required sales for the previous Vehicles they'd already produced.

Lest We forget that Diesel-Gate had affected VW/Audi way more than people realise, Nissan/Renault hit a brick wall thanks mostly due to the Ghosen scandal. GM regularly flirts with Bankruptcy, That's Why Vauxhall/Opel was sold to the French. Toyota Builds machines with duff transmissions and some Diesels which won't work for long before stripping their Owners of all the Cash they have. Ford builds stuff which catches fire too frequently for most Peoples liking or either won't protect You sufficiently in a Serious Crash. Talking of Crashes, Is this a good time to mention Jeep and the many other unreliable over priced Chrysler products? Plus BMW and Mercedes has taken a huge nose dive in perceived luxurious quality status thanks largely to the Americans who've been boned by paying massive repair bills for seriously shocking unreliable products!

Toyota and Ford ended Vehicle production in Australia long before Holden was also shafted by GM USA who forced them to close Shop forever. IMHO the down-turn from "Corona-Chan" outbreak will ONLY continue to be the death spiral of many of these well known Car Brands (and Iconic Models) that we all know and love, but that are simply not economically viable anymore.

I spoke to G-Zilla last Year about this exact Topic regarding the dire state of the Motor Industry and predicted to Him that in the Future, It would be Korean plus some Chinese Manufacturers Who'll be the only ones left with sufficient Capital available that will be in control of the Global Car Market.....

Get used to those Hyundai's, Kia's and Dong-Feng Motors Folks!:oops:

JM2PW!
Unfortunately car companies do not give a sh*t about the enthusiasts anymore like I've noted in my other thread on off-topic about new cars. It's really regulations that are hurting the car manufacturers as well as the shareholder's greediness, sided with the political attributes (eco friendly bull sh*t). All those electric cars have Chinese internals already (batteries), which is why I'll never support them. Korean cars are a joke in general, but since a lot of white knights label haters of those cars as "racists" many have taken the plunge on buying that crap because of cool electronics that Americans and Europeans like. German cars used to be good to own back in the 80s and 90s in America, because there is nothing to go wrong (no electronic sh*t). Now, the only thing you see is a computer on wheels and it will be bound to go wrong. The problem with America is not that lack of parts. It's the expansive land. You have to go a long distance to get the car repaired in many parts. And some local shops will rip off owners so badly, they might never recover despite the shop's prestigious reputation.

However, I doubt China cars will ever make it into the US the same way French cars are not allowed in the US (because of the American gold issue when France had Charles de Gaulle as President). Still wouldn't be surprised since there's a lot of folks who buy those crappy Huaw Weih phones or whatever it is called for $1000 USD. And this PLANdemic is just a small blip to the manufacturers so far. We were due for recession a long time ago, so I am curious to see how this pans out and if it will be as bad as 2008-2009.

If only I had the money to build one of the fastest and greatest street cars that would smoke everything in its path.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts