GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, well we are making the boost up rom available to all,
I am not sure how this fairs with other tuners out there, but this is our offering. Its a 1.4kg/cm boost up setting We made a tad over 590hp on one R35, then made a tad over 600hp as you can see here.
Torque was very impessive, and the only mod on the cars was different exhausts. Both having a cat back system.
We were using 100octane pump fuel, and got the following results, dyno room showed temps between 23~26ºC on the day.

If once of you would want this added to your R35, as I wrote we will need your ECU from your car and it will need sending to Japan, to which we will turn it around with in 24hrs and have sent back to you.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That is a brave amount of boost and torque, I bet it is nice to drive in the dry! Do the clutches/gearbox/intercoolers cope with track use on this tune?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
thats about 20psi of which the injectors and turbo are running on the edge. would the client require the use of 100oct for running this tune?

does the tune just make more boost or does the map change aswell?

whats your correction factor? i ask because alot of cars use OTHER ECU's for modifiying the map and upping the boost and no one has sofar run 600whp on a couple differnt dyno's. and these cars were all highly modified using the stock turbos. (and in america).

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a brave amount of boost and torque, I bet it is nice to drive in the dry! Do the clutches/gearbox/intercoolers cope with track use on this tune?
Hmm how will they cope, well clutches, and gearboxes are the achilies heal in the R35 GTR, but as everbody else is playing the aftermarket game, we thought we would too....
(saurus now made 834ps with their trust TD06SH-20G twin turbo set up @ 6600rpm) with 102kgm torque @ 5300rpm. Pretty impressive stuff too. But not nice for the R35 drivetrain....1000hp R35 doesnt seem so far away now.......horsepower figures seem to be the way the R35 tuning is going, even tho the transmission would most probably fail on the first run.....still something is better then nothing, and Nissan Japan is doing alot to stop parts development for the R35 GTR by aftermarket companies. So dont expect any transmission options / wild parts very soon from Japan (Trust made a large intercooler which was once core deisgn, test finished etc....nissan put a top to production, they are allowed to only make twin core parts)

Sucks really

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats about 20psi of which the injectors and turbo are running on the edge. would the client require the use of 100oct for running this tune?

does the tune just make more boost or does the map change aswell?

whats your correction factor? i ask because alot of cars use OTHER ECU's for modifiying the map and upping the boost and no one has sofar run 600whp on a couple differnt dyno's. and these cars were all highly modified using the stock turbos. (and in america).
Yes its a 100octane tune/map, boost increase and map.
I have to be honest, I need to check if the dyno was flywheel hp/ wheel hp..and get that data. Its a Dynojet type dyno. I have a movie of the map, I will upload shortly. But like I said above, every tuner is pushing the develpment of their car to the max, injectors / turbos / transmission etc are on the limit. But we all knew that.....its simply an offering of whats available.

Do I recommend the R35 ECU or any power performance tunning....No...I don`t actually, not until the transmission can be made robust enough.......doing that is tempting fate.
I would spend money on making the car lighter, a 600hp R35gtr has around 350hp/tonne, run a 500hp R35 GTR and make it 1450kg will give same bhp/tonne. How hard is it to get to 1450kg? I have no idea, but the benefits are there...power to weight is king, and transmisison will be happy for alot longer.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Interesting stuff. Proves that the stock ECU can be modified to control high boost.

I think those going down the upgraded actuators/external boost controller path are wasting their money...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The difficulty is getting high top end boost without gearchange boost spikes. It is easy to run lots of midrange and then have it taper, but I worry for the transmission.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting stuff. Proves that the stock ECU can be modified to control high boost.

I think those going down the upgraded actuators/external boost controller path are wasting their money...
It does use boost controller
Sugino san said, we changed the solenoid, ECU only we made 1.1kg/cm boost ok, but Nissan own solenoid struggles to go more boost (the ECU sees boost rise then tells it to go down, down, down) He said Boost Controller and ECU is best. Actuator can stay normal, avoids this problem.

Today we spoke about light weight R35 GTR, and such a better way to go, increased power to weight, better fuel consumption, can keep nissan warrantee, faster in the corners. He thinks a stripped R35 GTR could be made to 1400kg....extreme and costly due to the acryllic and carbon needed to do so, but as a track toy, what a machine it could be.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1st gear failure is no doubt due to launching, and if they have a product that allows people to launch, thats great. But still problem is clutches and the other parts of the transmission. for circuit racing etc. Most circuit customers I doubt will be engaging lauch mode when on the circuit, so 1st should be safe.

Much better when someone makes a ful transmission, and strong clutch kits,I don`t think thats too far away, I am sure someone is working on a full transmission kit. Although does sound very complicated due to paddle etc.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
they have 700hp and 800hp clutchs. they also have alot of other parts for inside the trans for problems not involving launch control. they have trans coolers which everyone runs with higher hp since the stock fluids are water. they also offer uprated fluids that are compaitible with both the gearsets and the clutchs (meaning they have been tested).

its basically full kit. first gear isnt the only addition they have done.
UP RATED GEARBOX CLUTCH PARTS AVAILABLE - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club
^ you can see all the other parts and more are being created as a full package.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they have 700hp and 800hp clutchs. they also have alot of other parts for inside the trans for problems not involving launch control. they have trans coolers which everyone runs with higher hp since the stock fluids are water. they also offer uprated fluids that are compaitible with both the gearsets and the clutchs (meaning they have been tested).

its basically full kit. first gear isnt the only addition they have done.
UP RATED GEARBOX CLUTCH PARTS AVAILABLE - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club
^ you can see all the other parts and more are being created as a full package.
ahh ok thats better, I went to their homepage and apart from overhaul all I could see was first gear and rings etc.
Strong clutch will be a great benifit to all, they will sell a huge amount!!!
good find!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not convinced as there are lots of parts and pieces on offer with not much proof. I know from what I have heard in the US that these aftermarket clutches slip more than stock, my friend there had to have clutch capacity + 4 +4 to have stock type grip how does that work?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hrm... This is more of a tuning issue than a clutch slip issue. Who did his tune and is he using cobb or haltech? Also note there is other stuff u may not know about like competitors spreading miss information based only for there benefit plus other things I dare not talk about in a post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
COBB Custom tune

The difficulty is getting high top end boost without gearchange boost spikes. It is easy to run lots of midrange and then have it taper, but I worry for the transmission.
Hi Thistle,
I am assuming that the COBB custom tune is designed to maximise power without threatening the transmission..... can you advise? Just about to put on my custom tune.
Jase

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yes, the spikes are gone, the top end holds as well as the actuators will manage, and the midrange is sympathetic to the gearbox at about 1.2 bar. By not only reprogramming what is already in the ECU, but rewriting the logic where necessary (like here) we have great improvements since the post you quoted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts