GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well iv been on here for a while and thought i would start a project thread to show what im doing with my car an R33 Gtst. Iv owned the car since 2006 and has been very reliable for all the stick I have given it on verious track days and spirited road driving.

My plan is to strip the front of the car remove the engine and everything from the engine bay, repair any rust and respray ready for my new engine that AMT is building for me,which will have an AMT spec cylinder head and cams an AMT exhaust manifold the bottom end will have forged pistons, rods and the crank will be balanced with all the rotating parts I have also got a syvecs s6gp and AMT trigger kit which for me is probably the best on the market.

So this is how the car looks now.

So over christmas i took the car to AMT to start stripping, they kindly offered to let me use the garage and ramps to do the work on my car and on the first day it looked like this.

then over the next few days we stripped everything off the front of the car ready to start cleaning and repairing any rust.

then we had to cut out some rust that had been bothering me for a while, im a bit rubbish at taking photos so iv only got one after it was finished.

once that was done we started to strip the old paint off ready to repaint

and this is how it turned out

Im so happy with the way its turned out :D and a massive thanks to Andy and Rich at AMT for all the help and advice they have given me with regards to my biuld :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, im really happy with how its turned out. And yes its satin paint I like the finish you get with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks very nice that, so many people don't bother with bays but I always think it makes a massive difference, even if you're not planning on showing it! Hope the build carries on in same fashion :)

Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right so after what feels like a long time collecting parts i now have just about everything i need for my new RB25 engine, fuel system and ecu.

Engine spec

AMT cylinder head with AMT solid lifter conversion
Tomie cam cap studs
Adjustable cam pulleys
ARP head studs
Block bored to 86.5 and decked
Wiseco 86.5 forged pistons
Crower I beam rods with 3/8 arp 625 + bolts
Acl race bearings
Arp main studs
Crank balanced with clutch and flywheel
Arp flywheel bolts
Tomie oil pump
Ati super damper
OS Giken orc 3 tripple plate clutch

Gt4088 turbo
Tial 60mm wastgate
AMT exhaust manifold
AMT downpipe

Greddy style inlet pletnum
Rips swirl pot with twin 044 fuel pumps
Greddy twin entry fuel rail
Ansu 1100cc injectors
turbosmart 3000 fuel pressure reg
with braided teflon hoses
inline check valves and filters
Frontmount intercooler 600x300x120 with custom hardpipes

Syvecs s6gp ecu with patch loom and extra sensors to keep an eye on things
AEM 5 bar map sensor
AMT trigger kit

Thats about it i think :nervous:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Looks very nice that, so many people don't bother with bays but I always think it makes a massive difference, even if you're not planning on showing it! Hope the build carries on in same fashion :)

Mike
Thanks Mike, it was allot of hard work but well worth it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So over last summer we thought it would be a good idea to get the turbo and manifold fitted, make the downpipe, intercooler pipework and run the car like that for the summer.

here we fitted the manifold and tryed the turbo on

and this is how it turned out with the downpipe and new intercooler pipework

like i said earlier im rubbish at taking photos as the work is going on, i must try harder :)

1 - 20 of 183 Posts