GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Different car, same problem !

What would you guys recommend i use to cleanup around my injector and plenum area of my engine ? It's a bit grubby back there and i'm trying to make it all "pretty" at the moment.

I've been told there's a spray available that you literally spray on, allow to work and rinse off - but i'm a touch wary about things like that.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
961 Posts
elbow power coz its cheap !:D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah I bet you are wary, last time I used 'a product' that washed of, the engine wouldn't fire, there was damp everywhere, and I had to WD40 everything to get it to work right..... DONT DO IT...

Its not worth it, have you tried petro or meths?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Halfords sell this stuff called DC7 or something similar in 2 cans one 4 cleaning and the other for detailing I have done alot of engine cleaning in my time but that stuff is the biz.

SJD

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im with scott on that one.

Its CD7 and it works a treat, cheap too £14 or something. Its the only thing halfords sell thats useful on a skyline.:D :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one, cheers guys.

I take it when using this CD7 stuff i simply cover the areas i don't want to spray it on (i.e. the spark plug area, dissy cap, etc). and then simply spray it on and leave it to work ? I take it it'll be ok to spray around the injector area of the engine bay ?

My only other option is to use an old toothbrush and get scrubbing !! (nightmare !)

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
201 Posts
Halfords cleaning stuff

After the embaressment of seeing clean engine bays on Sunday I had a go with the Halfords 2 spray can celaing stuff - just covered the electricals sprayed, rinsed with hose, then sprayed the detailer and left it. It now looks acceptable - so worth a couple of quid for easy cleaning

Cheers

Iain

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a go at this today, results are pretty good I think.

Have a look at these.....

picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

What do you guys think ?

Thanks have to go to the guys at Abbey for doing such a superb job on it (as usual).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers for the comments guys :D

Rupert, i did do a before and after shot. Alot of the parts were very clean anyway (the polished tanks and the air filter area, as abbey had not long done them). I mainly concentrated on other areas, which don't show up so much on the photo's i took (for example, the plenum area, the injector area, down the side of the block, down by the clutch slave cylinder, and along the back of the engine), but to the eye they are obviously cleaner.

Am very happy at how the engine bay now looks.

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts