GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car seems to have a problem.When im traveling at speed then i hit the brakes to come to a stop the engine cuts out and i have to restart the car.The car is fine under normal driving speeds anyone have any idea of what the problem could be

·
Registered
265 Posts
im just throwing idea around but could it be possible its a fueling problem... high g braking could make the fuel swirl and starve the engine a bit then causing the engine shutdown... so it could happen under drag launch also????

but i doubt it since the braking force throws the car toward.. and not rearward.. if you catch were im going with this???? maybe you can tell if this makes sense tydango ????

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I use an SSQV. You didn't mention which car you're having this problem with. If it's not an RB26, it's almost surely the BOVs - RB25 and especially RB20 do not like BOVs venting to atmosphere.

·
Registered
265 Posts
did the problem occured with a full tank of fuel???

·
Registered
363 Posts
my car used to do that all the time with the Apexi power fc...its due to poor return to idle. Ive changed the ecu to a Vi-PEC and its never happened since as these ecu's have a dedicated processor to control idle.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
If you can't get it to idle ok with a Power FC, then I would fire the tuner, not change the ECU.

However if its a MAF car, and you vent to atmosphere, the extra fuel has been metered for the air entering the engine, and releasing it before it enters the combustion chamber makes it rich. That richness is often enough to make the car stall. If its a MAF you need to return the air to the inlet side of the turbo, or you need to know how to tune around it.

It could be fuel slosh, but easy to check that. Try it out with a full, full tank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts