GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if an engine damper will fit a 33 gtst which has a greddy plenum fitted

i know it will not fit with the sort of plenum conversions that thor do to the standard plenum but wonder if it will fit with the greddy plenum as it sits so much lower

:thumbsup: thanks in advance

or has anyone with a gtst got a pic of a engine damper fitted to there car??:bowdown1:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'd like to know what exactly an engine damper does, and how it helps...

·
Registered
279 Posts
its supposed to reduce engine movement under load, prevent engine mounts breaking and give a better and more precise shifting feel, apparently.

im thinking weather or not to get one also, as i just broke an engine mount. ive now got the uprated nismo mounts so maybe that'll do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
copied from nengun::)

Adding power and torque beyond your vehicle's OEM specifications leads to increased engine twist and movement, especially under extreme driving conditions. This can result in reduced power transfer, and or missed shifts from driveline Displacement. Silkroad engine torque dampers absorbs and minimizes this movement of the driveline, thereby reducing the Possibility of costly engine damage from accidental misshifting.. Using a patented internal damper construction, Silkroads ETDs are also effective in absorbing engine movement. As a result, you can enjoy more power to the wheels, while also minimizing stress to the engine and the car body.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Use both that's what I intend to do. Surely anything that reduces power loss means that more gets to the wheels which will make the car faster?

Jonesey.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Power loss reduction will be about 0.01hp.

Biggest benefit is it stops your engine mounts tearing - esp the driver's side.

No effect on shifting in a Skyline as with the longitudinal layout the gearshift is mounted straight on the box. In a transverse layout with cable gearshift it may improve things.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
They look really cool...other than that, unless your over 600 hp I cant see it helping much!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I have Nismo engine mounts too, barely three weeks old. They seem to creak a tiny bit under heavy load (6000rpm clutch drops), but hopefully that's because they're doing their job as stiffer mounts, and not because I'm breaking something!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts