GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the VQ30DETT being dyono tested at Nismo. This engine, a 2987cc 24v V6, is being prepared for the JGTC GT500 Nismo cars. The article from XA Car magazine said it will debut at the Fuji Internaltional Speedway round of this years championship, on 28th of July.
This can only be good news to GTR fans wondering what the next GTR engine will be.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glen...no problem!:)

JohnD...Not sure if that is the reason for the naming....the US car is a G35.
I just wish people would stop reffering to it as an "R35" or the new Skyline :rolleyes:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, I've been told that the R stands for the RB engine so the new model range is V35, which it is, and the G35 is only a model name in the US.
It's also an Infinity.
In Japan it's the Skyline of course.
If the new GT-R gets the V6 engine it should probably be something like BNCV35. :D
I read that the Skyline name is going to be dropped also and only GT-R is being used for the next model.
There is a chance that the Coupe uses a different body as the GT-R and maybe this is the reason why there are so many different pictures of the next model.
The Tokio version is what it should mostly look like otherwise Nissan wouldn't show a car like that.
The picture I posted from Freshalloy is what the coupe look like for sure, I've seen it before on another picture and it is the most logical step for the Infinity G35.
I wonder when the European lefthand drive version is going to be introduced.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I agree with JohnD, the G35 in the US is just a model name.

Infiniti had a G20 before, the G35 replaces G20, I think that's where the G came from.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have herad nothing of the Euro versions:( Will these be badged Nissans or Infinity???

Good sources(Bean;) ) tell me that the production GT-R wil probably get the VQ35DETT while the GT500 cars will stick to the VQ30.
Japanese magazines have stopped talking of the V8 lately....

·
Registered
22 Posts
March issue of GTR magazine is still talking about the V8 engine as an NA/single turbo alternative to the what they expect to be standard VQ350DETT producing 400PS. They are however discussing whether the Extroid CVT will be 7 or 8 speed and the benefits of each.

As you know DCD the GTR magazine is running a series following all rumours of the new GTR. they are also interviewing top Nissan engineers and tuners.

I was gonna post that pic from the JGTC website, you beat me as usual you must get into the office earlier! According to the NISMO news on their website and the JGTC website news they will only be using the engine at a few races and only in one car not in both cars they run.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts