GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not driving the car for a few weeks, it started reluctantly but is showing the engine malfunction light. Seems to drive as normal though. Car booked into HPC for checking but they can't have it until next week. Anyone have any experience with the engine malfunction light (I've read the threads where it seems to mean the gearbox solenoid in stead of the engine)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally an update, after waiting for the car to be able to looked at by the hpc and another 5 days for the problem to be determined it turns out it's a faulty oxygen sensor. The part won't arrive until 9th of March... Wow Nissan you must use the slowest delivery service possible. Great having a three year warranty if every time something goes wrong you have to wait a month for it to be fixed :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
If you want a part faster, I'd ask your HPC for the part number, then order it from courteseyparts.com in the US.

Something like this could be on your doorstep in under 5 working days..

Rear O2 sensor

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Finally an update, after waiting for the car to be able to looked at by the hpc and another 5 days for the problem to be determined it turns out it's a faulty oxygen sensor. The part won't arrive until 9th of March... Wow Nissan you must use the slowest delivery service possible. Great having a three year warranty if every time something goes wrong you have to wait a month for it to be fixed :mad:
Nissan uses this shippingservice for their VIP customers...

carrier pigeon without satnav(was too difficult to develop)....the pigeons need to stop at the waterstation every few hours,as they would overheat without service.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally it is back today... 7 weeks in total to sort out a faulty oxygen sensor (5000 miles) Engine had to come out apparently to replace it. Not very happy with the HPC "customer service". Just not interested in getting it resolved quickly and very poor on keeping me up to date. I'd even forgotten what a brilliant car it is. But no matter how brilliant, it is no use if it's in the garage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Engine was removed to replace an oxygen sensor??

What the hell :confused:

I'm getting more and more worried about getting my GTR.... my Z4M coupe has never had 1 single problem in 2 1/2 years.... I can't help but feel I'm not going to be as lucky with my GTR..

·
Registered
300 Posts
did you contact nissan ? not a hpc ...nissan directly

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
7 weeks for a O2 sensor....thats epic :sadwavey:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have indeed informed Nissan to make them aware. As per my previous post, there is very little point in having a 3 year warranty if the car develops faults his quickly and when it does you are without it for nearly two months. I shall definitely not be using this "HPC" again.

The 7 weeks breaks down as follows:
1 week before the car could be booked in to be looked at
5 days to determine the problem
3 weeks waiting for the part
2 weeks for an appointment to fit the part
8 days to fit it

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have indeed informed Nissan to make them aware. As per my previous post, there is very little point in having a 3 year warranty if the car develops faults his quickly and when it does you are without it for nearly two months. I shall definitely not be using this "HPC" again.

The 7 weeks breaks down as follows:
1 week before the car could be booked in to be looked at
5 days to determine the problem
3 weeks waiting for the part
2 weeks for an appointment to fit the part
8 days to fit it
eight days to fit a lambdasensor......:lamer:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think you should be pursing them for some road tax and insurance refund or at least a free service or two mate, as thats 7 weeks off the road you have been paying for :(, i manged to wangle some money back from the insurance company when it toook 16 weeks to get a new wind screen for the R34 (though in that time there 3 ordered, one went walk about, the second was broken the 3rd was just right ;) )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts