GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i just recieved a 800hp gtr 33 from japan.it has a n1 block.the problem i am having is that i cannot seem to locate where the engine number is on the block.i really need to find this so that i can register my baby.any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
49 Posts
the block will have a code stamped on the left/passenger side, towards the back. kind of low, it's easier to see on a lift. N1 will say "24U", standard says "05U".
wait, is this the number you're looking for, or are you looking for some sort of serial number to match with the chassis number on the firewall?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Next to where the dipstick goes into the block is a flatted off area, on here is your engine number.

Rob

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
A lot of uk gtrs just have 'rb26' on the log book as the engine number; saves having to change it after replacement :chuckle:

·
Registered
411 Posts
A lot of uk gtrs just have 'rb26' on the log book as the engine number; saves having to change it after replacement :chuckle:
can you elaborate on this please. do they come like this standard or do ppl just punch out the serial number and replace it

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
To clarify I've heard about a few ones in the UK (i.e. I didn't mean the official UK ones) which had 'RB26' entered on the docs when it was first registered after importing to the UK.

Mine, for example.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am looking for a number that is unique.like a chassis number is unique.no two cars will have a same chassis number.the engine number i am lokking for should be the same.i need to do an interpol clearance before i register.and they require an engine number

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Look where Rob posted then; that's where the number is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts