GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R35 is on 3,000 miles. I did a trip to the Ring 4 weeks back but only managed around 6 laps. About to do another trip this weekend and a CATD driving course next Saturday. Apart from that I did an evening session at Brand's Hatch.

Checked my oil today and noticed it was visibly darker (but not black) than before my last Ring trip. Oil level is spot on half way between low and full on the dipstick.

Anyone here finding they need to top up their engine oil? What about experiences of the oil changing colour?

·
Registered
198 Posts
My oil light came on at 2300 miles and was very dark, topped up to halfway. Oil light came on again at 3400 and again i have topped up to halfway.
i'm thinking of having all new change, is this over doing or would everybody wait till their first service?

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
My R35 is on 3,000 miles. I did a trip to the Ring 4 weeks back but only managed around 6 laps. About to do another trip this weekend and a CATD driving course next Saturday. Apart from that I did an evening session at Brand's Hatch.

Checked my oil today and noticed it was visibly darker (but not black) than before my last Ring trip. Oil level is spot on half way between low and full on the dipstick.

Anyone here finding they need to top up their engine oil? What about experiences of the oil changing colour?

You should change your oil before and after a track day, not after 3000 miles + and two track days.

Just how much are you two adding at a time?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am thinking of doing a day at Silverstone in a couple of weeks time as a guest (a friend is paying) but I don't want to incur big costs. I have seen people mention that it can cost £1000 after all the HPC checks and fluid changes. Is it possible to do it on the cheap?

Is everyone getting their car checked and their fluids changed every time. I plan to drive the car hard but respectfully and probably not for more than 4-5 consecutive laps before a rest. Whilst no way Nigel Mansell I am not a novice.

Two questions:

1. Do I need to do the pre-track inspection (I guess this is important to check that the car does not already have an unforseen problem) ??

2. There shall be a sports car racing team there to assist, surely they should be able to advise and make fluid changes if necessary?

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.