GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there,

In two weeks i will be dropping out my engine to do a few things!

I have trust dump's/front to go on
Timing belt
radiator hoses
going to try remove hicas shit beside the engine
few oil leaks to fix
front cv boots
general oil changes also
few gauge sensors to go in also

what else would be ideal to do while its all out??

now i only have the actual dumps and no bolts etc. what else would be an idea to get while i am doing them?

i'm going to drop the whole motor and gearbox out, as i see thats an easy way to do it. any other ideas? as i have access to a hoist and i'm going to be doing all this with my mate. over a 3 day long weekend!

i have a 32 gtr with a 34gtr getrag box in it.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no need for turbos.

when dumps go on i will have atleast 500hp at wheels

car made 410hp at wheels with standard dumps.

r34n1's pushing 1.5 bar

·
Registered
379 Posts
why not buy a rebuild kit that comes with all the gaskets seals etc, i think greenline had something on their site. would also be wothwhile doing the bottom end bearings

·
Registered
594 Posts
Bottom end refresh , check then double check the oil pump. You dont want that puppy going and wrecking all your hard work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
engine is fresh. i dont really want to crack it open. it is my daily driven car. that was thrashed on the track in japan. (one would think with the way the mods in japan have been done)

i will run through a list of what the engine already has

n1 pistons, larger oil pump i have around 6-8 on the stock guage when normal driving, 34n1 aa403's turbos pumping 1.5 bar, cams (unknown)
standard dumps, standard manifolds. so the dumps need to be changed for sure!

its unknown whats been done to the sump. but i will be finding out when i take the engine out! i'd say there has been something done there! the car definatley has seen track work and a fair ammount of it.

cheers guys!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Turbos

I dont believe the R34 N1`s ( 403`S )will push 500bhp atw. I think around 500 at the fly would be more like it. I have the same turbos waiting to go on my car and im hoping for around 460-470 at the fly without the uprated cams.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont believe the R34 N1`s ( 403`S )will push 500bhp atw. I think around 500 at the fly would be more like it. I have the same turbos waiting to go on my car and im hoping for around 460-470 at the fly without the uprated cams.
they make 410whp at the moment with boost dropping up to dew to restriction. tho i think your measurement is different.

1.5 bar is what i run they should get somewhere close. or in another measurement i hope for 350kw at the wheels...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Check the obvious before refitting.

The clutch, Flywheel, realease bearing, nismo pivot, water pump and starter motor.

You don't want to pull the box again a couple of weeks later to do one of these things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts