GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent quite some time detailing my engine after I bought the new gt-r. The japanese sure can tune an engine, but hoses and wires were run all over the place. I couldn't reach the dipstick to check the oil....
This project was supose to take me all winter, but I was way to enthused and have just about wrapped it up. I decided to run with the blue/red theme of the Greddy fuel rail and oil cooler. As a result there is a little more colour under the hood.
More pics to come, once the "bass boat" metal fleck paint has been changed.....;)
Your thoughts ladies and gents.....

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Looks strange without the strut tower brace...so used to seeing em!

Pics of the car please...:popcorn:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking aluminum rad myself (it never ends does it). I will probably have a strut bar custom made, but I'm trying to stretch the project over the winter. Right now the only thing stretching is the wallet:thumbsup: .
I will dig up some more pics.....Kev.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
So what exactly have you done that now allows you to reach the dipstick?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of the fuel hoses, and wires associatied with the HKS AIC were routed under the plenum. I've got no problem showing off the metal braided lines, so they were moved up top. Alot of vacuum hoses were shortened, and run parrallel to each other to minimize space. any wires running in the same direction were then taped together, zip tied, or run thru a shield to clean it up. New mounts were fabricated to keep the oil clooer from touching the intercooler, and virtually everything in the engine bay was pulled off to repaint flat black. An additional cold air intake was routed under the filter pods, and when the car goes in for paint the other end of the intake will be moulded somewhere in the front bumper...

turbo before:

after:

Finally a bad shot of the outside, please ignore the busted up front bumper.....it will be repaired !!!!!:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts