GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just replaced some hoses with red silicone ones. I have the hks hard pipe kit so replaced the hard pipe connecting hoses from either side of the intercooler heading into the block and also the 45 degree bend after the MAF sensor. Now when I get to 5k rpm and the 2nd surge kicks in it now looses power. What could cause this? All I've done is taken induction kit off replaced blue hose for red and put everything back together. Help needed asap

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Maybe a boost pipe is leaking a little under pressure. Is there sooty exhaust smoke when it does this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I can tell. My mate was in the car behind and he didnt mention anything. I know this is a weird comparison but if you were to blow through a pipe and then pinch it part way down the sou d changes. It ki da sounds like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its just silicone. Thats what I thought it could be but its strange because that pipe was split before and everything worked fine but now ive replaced it and theres no leak it wont boost above 5k rpm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All sorted. Had a slight gap on the intercooler hose. Just need to sort the turbo timer out now that decided it doesnt want to work today.... if its not one thing its another haha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tbh its very rare I use it. I only use it if ive been having some fun so its a nice thing to have but its not essential that its working. Im just glad the cars back on the road and working now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts