GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my recent thread about blowing my engine up its now time to rebuild (albeit slowly as i get chance!) so i need a list of parts.

Im pressuming its on a standard bore for now and on that basis i have a set of 87mm wiseco pistons but wont commit myself untill the head is removed.

I will use the standard rods/crank as i am sure they are up to 700BHP? or are they?

I will source some acl shells and arp rod bolts. Obviously i will inspect the oil pump, and replace if need be. Also i will have the bottom end balanced.

As for head gasket, i have had great experiences with cometic in the past so will stick with them. Are standard head bolts up to the job?

I will port and polish the head myself, nothing too wild just remove and reshape the obvious areas (any tips).

Not sure what cams i have at the mo but i will be uprating them to suit my T78 turbo kit, obviously new gaskets and belts will be used.

I am new to the rb32 engine its something i have never rebuilt but am looking forward to getting stuck into, rebuilt several cosworth engines in the past. Before i realised the cars they are strapped to are shit.

Think i may have the rocker cocer/inlet etc polished at the same time, gonna get injectors cleaned and then once run in i will have it mapped at MGT as i have heard good things, certainly nothing bad.

Cheers

Pete

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good luck on your project. Hope to see some pics as things progress.. btw, I got a set of HKS step2 Lift 10.2 to go along with your T78 turbo kits if you are interested since it is no longer needed for my T78 kits (I have de-tuned my engine & turbo)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck on your project. Hope to see some pics as things progress.. btw, I got a set of HKS step2 Lift 10.2 to go along with your T78 turbo kits if you are interested since it is no longer needed for my T78 kits (I have de-tuned my engine & turbo)

Are you based in korea mate?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Ah like the collar on the cosworth cams to convert 2wd to 4x4
i dont know mate i never swapped any. the oil pump drive part of the early cranks are only 4 mm thick and they wear out so later cranks were made with a 20mm deep contact area for the oil pump to drive off.

just wait for glenns (use the search) post :runaway: lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers mate, had an hour on it today nearly got head off. Had a look down the bore i can see what looks like DSU on top of the pistons.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just looked at some pics, it is a standard piston, and to think the seller told me it had uprated cams, pistons rods etc lol, ah well.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Just looked at some pics, it is a standard piston, and to think the seller told me it had uprated cams, pistons rods etc lol, ah well.

sorry to hear that pal. pistons arent to bad though bout £600 for some forgies :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just been thinking, the car was advertised incorrectly. Am i not entitled to some compo here? Thing is im sure ty didnt know either and im a fair person, but some people would of taken him to court.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts